RiversideLen
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I made a batch of my sandwich/burger buns this afternoon but I withheld enough dough to make a pizza. I made the sauce with some tomato paste and some of the Mountain Magic tomatoes from my garden, added a little oregano and garlic powder to it. Topping were a little pepperoni, an Italian sausage that I cooked on the BBQ Sunday and peppers from my garden. It was excellent. Enough left over for tomorrow's lunch.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files.That sounds real good to me, Mike.
Try adding a little Epson salts to the soil for your peppers, I've been doing that for a couple of years for my peppers and tomatoes. There are some youtube videos that explain it.
September 5, 2022 at 1:51 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 4, 2022? #36315I cooked burgers and Italian sausage on the grill yesterday. I have enough for the next couple of days.
Happy Birthday, Mike, I hope you had a great one!
Yeah, I really didn't think the Like button was coming back.
I like fresh beets. The beet greens are really good.
I made pork loin chops today and had one with noodles and kale.
September 1, 2022 at 10:23 pm in reply to: When You Can’t Fit a Dough Sheeter into Your Kitchen.… #36255It looks nice but very pricey. The thing is, they've sold out the first production so I don't think the price will be coming down soon.
I made tacos from leftover steak, had it with refried beans and asparagus.
I miss the "like" button, there are so many posts that deserve a like.
I made a sirloin steak, mashed potato and asparagus. I have enough steak for 2 more meals.
I was down to one sammich bun so I made a batch of 8.
I made beer once using a Mr. Beer kit. The bubbles in the final product are made with a second fermentation, you add a specified amount of sugar to the bottle and then cap it and wait a few days. But that's not how the commercial brewers do it.
I read someplace that the craft beer industry was having difficulty getting their bubbles too. Might have to start stocking up.
Those pizzas look great, Mike!
I made a boneless chicken thigh. I chopped up some tomatoes and simmered it with the tomatoes. Had it with pasta and kale.
Normally, I would never have bought the Terra Cotta tomato. I was ordering some things from Gardeners Supply and saw they offered a few tomato plants so I included one in my order. It arrived deader than a doornail so I let them know. They offered the Terra Cotta as a replacement because the one I had ordered was no longer available.
Not sure what happened, my attachments didn't work out as planned.
Now it looks like it worked.
Attachments:
You must be logged in to view attached files. -
AuthorPosts

