What are you Cooking the Week of September 11, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of September 11, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Just about time to break out the cooler weather/fall menu here.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

I'm in the middle of processing more tomatoes, will probably end up with 4 quarts of tomato sauce and 4-5 pints of salsa. I need to add peppers and onions, also from the garden before I'm done, and probably some celery also, but I don't grow that in my garden.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had baked chicken, leftover green butter beans and potato salad.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We finished off the last of the black-eyed peas with brown rice and ham.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I wish it would cool down here. We’ve had lots of rain, but it doesn’t reduce the humidity. It’s even hard to walk in the morning because of all the mosquitos and gnats. Ugh.
              Before
              Will went off for about a month on Friday - he has a couple of shows around the country so I’m on my own again. He left me sourdough and tortillas. He did tell me that his secret to his tortillas is olive oil instead of butter/lard - it was recommended by the person he learned from and a friend’s wife who has made them all her life is going to try. He also said the rolling is hard, even for him.

Anyway, last night I made my tuna and white bean salad - I grabbed a can of garbanzos by mistake, but it’s still good and I have dinner for tonight.

Good news is if it cools and stops raining I’ll be able to use the grill as we got some more propane before Will left.

chocomouse
              Participant

Dinner was BLTs, again. Not many more meals of them, however. The tomato season will be over in about a month. I did freeze 5 quarts of tomato sauce and 7 pints of salsa. Tomorrow I need to cut and freeze a basket of about 12 peppers - green, red, and one yellow. Some I'll cut in half for stuffed peppers, others will be sliced, chopped into a big dice, or cut into bite-size pieces. No need to process, just toss in zip-lock bags and toss into the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had hamburger steaks and fries.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made turkey-zucchini meatloaf with peach-Dijon glaze for dinner on Monday. I also roasted some potato chunks tossed in olive oil and Penzeys Sunny Paris. We microwaved fresh broccoli (from the farmers market).

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had tacos last night, will be having fish and broccoli tonight, and are still enjoying the last of the eggplant/zucchini lasagna I made last week. I may have to make another batch of that, I've still got plenty of white eggplant left, and there are still blooms on the plants, so they may still be setting new fruit.

I'll take careful notes on the next batch so I can post the recipe with exact quantities.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had leftovers here...Beef stew with gravy over rice and I made a small salad.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

I found some meatballs in the freezer so I had spaghetti and meatballs.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

We had loaded nachos tonight and they were so good.I started with a layer of chips,taco seasoned hamburger meat with onions,cheese sauce,picante sauce dolloped , shredded cheddar cheese and sprinkled jalapenos after they baked I dolloped sour cream on mine.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

That sounds so good, Joan!

Our Wednesday night dinner was the rest of the turkey-zucchini meatloaf. I cooked some bulgur with Penzey's chicken base to go with it, and we also had microwaved frozen peas and carrots.

The company comes to drill our new well tomorrow afternoon. The hooking up will take place on Friday.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

BakerAunt I sure hope all goes well no pun intended with your new well.

We celebrated our 51st wedding anniversary today and went to our favorite Texas Steak House for supper and all was excellent.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had burgers on the grill and sweet corn tonight.

Saturday is our 50th anniversary. We're having a Valentino's pizza party with some close friends. I will probably make another batch of Thousand Island dressing to go with the salad that comes with the pizza.

I made a Texas chocolate sheet cake in 2 pans earlier this month, the 2nd half of it is defrosting and we'll have it on Saturday, possibly with some apple turnovers if they come out good.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.