What are you Cooking the Week of October 2, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 2, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I may make some more eggplant lasagna.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

For dinner on Sunday, I made soup, using some frozen turkey/chicken broth, Bob's Red Mill mixture of lentils and split peas, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, garlic, ground turkey, yellow squash, and turnip greens. I seasoned with Penzey's Ozark Seasoning, some ground pepper, and a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to tame the greens.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I have a pasta salad recipe that I got from a friend years ago. I pulled it out this summer when Will had asked for some salad ideas. I had remembered that it made a LOT and was also time intensive. When I reread the recipe, I noted that all of the vegetables were sautéed in batches, hence the time.I decided the next time I made the recipe, I'd roast the vegetables.

So, today I wanted to make a farro salad and I thought I could adapt the pasta salad to the farro. I had to go shopping so I picked up some vegetables from the recipe. I roasted portobello mushrooms, red and green peppers, onion, asparagus and zucchini. I ended up not adding all the veggies to the farro (saved them for another time) but the salad was good and filling. I'll have it for a couple more days.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had chili and cinnamon rolls, both from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried cubed pork,mashed potatoes and gravy and I made garden pea salad with a half can of garden peas that was leftover from this week.

RiversideLen
              Participant

On Sunday I cooked a salmon filet in a cast iron skillet on the BBQ grill, I added some applewood for smoke. It came out real good, I should have bought more salmon. Had the leftover for today's lunch.

Tonight I will be having a leftover pork chop from the freezer, a salad and maybe a little pasta.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made tomato soup with celery, onion, and green pepper, and added some frozen mixed veggies from the grocery store. Some roasted garlic ramped up the flavor.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had Mexican casserole with bread and butter.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

Macaroni and cheese here, but dessert was wonderful.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had chili with croissants.

RiversideLen
                        Participant

Made a boneless pork chop, had it with Brussels sprouts, carrots and pasta.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I made Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning for dinner on Tuesday. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had leftover chili and grilled ham and cheese sandwich.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had baked chicken,I cooked a small pot of dried baby lima beans and leftover corn bread and potato salad.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

We had leftover turkey, lentil and pulses, vegetable soup. We had a salad with it, featuring cherry tomatoes from our potted plant. We also had leftover cornbread.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.