What are you Cooking the Week of October 16, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 16, 2022?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

I made pizza sauce from the three ripe tomatoes we had from our garden, which have been on the counter. I froze the sauce until our next pizza night. Now I wait for the green tomatoes we brought inside to ripen, so I can make them into sauce. It is a disappointing tomato sauce season--and I had thought last year was bad.

We had a freeze last night. My husband protected the bell pepper plants, which is all we have left now in the garden.

Dinner was leftover stew, whole wheat oatmeal rolls, and whole wheat applesauce baked doughnuts for dessert.

RiversideLen
      Participant

I roasted a boneless chicken breast, sweet potato and an apple.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight we had salmon patties, cheese grits and fresh coleslaw.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I had a strong response to yesterday's Covid vaccination. It was not as strong as the second one in March 2020, but it sent me to bed early, and I felt terrible when I awoke on Friday morning, mostly from a stuffy head. I felt well enough near lunchtime to make one of my throw-together soups. I sauteed onion, carrots, celery, and garlic in olive oil, before adding a can of diced tomatoes with Hatch chilies, 3 ½ cups turkey broth and 15 oz. black beans (last two from the freezer). I added some chili powder, a dash of cumin, and ½ tsp. Penzey's Salsa & Pico. After it had cooked briefly, I added cut-up turnip greens that I needed to use. The spices, relatively mild for most people, help clear out my head.

Dinner on Friday was the Crispy Oven Baked Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar sauce again, along with more of the coleslaw. That is an easy dinner, especially since the Tartar sauce and coleslaw are already made.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We got our latest COVID boosters on Monday, I had a sore arm for about 48 hours but it is fine now. Sorry you're having bigger problems again.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight we had BBQ chicken breast in the pot with gravy over it to eat with rice and creamed corn.

Hope you get to feeling better BakerAunt from the vaccine.We're no vaxer but that's our choice.

chocomouse
                Participant

I got my bivalent booster 5 weeks ago, and had only a slightly tender arm one night.

Dinner last night was boneless pork chops cooked in a skillet with sliced onions and apples, with roasted potato quarters and maple roasted Brussels sprouts.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I definitely feel better today. For some reason, even with the flu shot, I have a somewhat stronger reaction than my husband or others I know. However, it beats the alternative, and I would do it again.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

My wife can't take the egg-cultured flu shots, but fortunately there are other options these days.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

We had fried cubed pork, macaroni and tomatoes leftover green butterbeans and leftover squash that I made squash casserole out of.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We finished the beef stew and had more of the Whole Wheat Oatmeal Rolls with it.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We ate spaghetti squash stuffed with taco filling: seasoned ground beef, sliced onions and pepper, black olives, mushrooms, salsa, sour cream, and topped with shredded cheddar. We have leftovers for another meal next week.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had hot ham and cheese sandwiches, some of the eggplant lasagna, and some Otis Spunkmeyer frozen dough cookies that we bought at a neighbor's kids fundraising sale. The cookies probably needed another minute or two in the oven.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.