What are you Cooking the Week of October 16, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 16, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I've got plans to make eggplant/zucchini lasagna today.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We had tuna salad sandwich and fries , my husbands request.

navlys
        Participant

Potato soup with brazillian rolls dusted with extra cheese.

cwcdesign
          Participant

I made Dan Dan noodles last night. I'm hoping that flavors developed overnight. I enjoyed them, but they were a little bland. I subbed in teriyaki sauce for the oyster sauce -hoisin would probably have been better and Worcestershire for the fish sauce. I added the sesame oil to the sauce by mistake, so I had to use more oil for sautéing.

My windows arrived today! Three are in. The one they are taking out next has some rot, but they had to leave because of the rain. They'll be back tomorrow. Since the inside sashes are white - they look so much better and brighter.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried cubed pork,candied sweet potatoes and green beans.

BakerAunt
              Participant

That's great news about the windows arriving, and their installation beginning, CWCdesign!

I made coleslaw on Monday, which we had for dinner with the Oven Baked Crispy Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar sauce.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

Great news on the windows. We had tacos tonight. I put the cover on the new grill and turned the gas off at the shutoff valve, but I may take the cover off on a warm day to clean up the grill some more before winter.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made yogurt on Tuesday. As I am out of the Stonyfield full-fat yogurt that I use as the starter and cannot get more until we do our big grocery run out of town, probably next week, I used the last jar from my previous batch as the starter this time.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Good news on your windows Cwcdesign I know you'll be happy when all your windows are in.

Today we had chargrilled chicken, fried okra and macaroni and cheese.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I roasted some of our honey nut squash to go with leftover turkey-zucchini loaf and coleslaw for Tuesday night's dinner.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Tonight we had some chili from the freezer, a warm dinner on a cold evening,

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I made beef stew for Wednesday's dinner. I usually thicken it with Clearjel, but this time, I tried 2/3 cup quick oats ground to flour. I should probably have used just ½ cup, but it works well, and I will do it again.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had ham steak with pineapple and a salad. An old-fashioned meal for an old-fashioned couple. 🙂

RiversideLen
                              Participant

I had pizza and chicken veg soup.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had hamburger on light bread with fries.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.