What are you Cooking the Week of October 9, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of October 9, 2022?

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I made a big batch of piperade (sweet peppers, onions and tomatoes) today, then used a little of it with some mozzarella cheese to make some pizza bread for me for supper. I think Diane is going to have some soup, she was worried it might be too late in the day for the piperade.

IMG_0347

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Mike your pizza bread looks good...we had lima bean soup and BLT's

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Tonight it's spaghetti & meat sauce with garlic toast, enough for a freezer meal.

BakerAunt
          Participant

On Friday, we had Salmon and Couscous with Penzey's Greek Seasoning along with a salad that featured our cherry tomatoes and green onion tops.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Last night I made salmon on the BBQ, applewood smoke chips for additional flavor. I have enough for today's lunch and dinner. I had it with noodles, mushrooms and red cabbage.

salmon

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              Joan Simpson
              Participant

Len your salmon looks so good!

We had chargrilled chicken breast, leftover butter beans, squash ,baked potato and I made a peach cobbler.

BakerAunt
                Participant

Looks delicious, Len!

Our dinner on Saturday was Turkey-Zucchini Loaf with Peach-Dijon Glaze, turban squash--cooked, then roasted after being cut into chunks and peeled, and tossed in maple syrup before serving--and the last six or seven beans from our garden, supplemented with some from the farmers' market.

I'm not sure that I would buy another turban squash. The flavor is nothing special, and it needed to be dressed up with some maple syrup. It also had a lot of seeds. There needs to be more reward for the effort.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Your salmon looks great, I like salmon, Diane does not. (Too much overcooked canned salmon as a kid, we think.)

We had tuna melts with some of the tomatoes from the garden tonight.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.