Tue. Sep 29th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 2,650 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30226
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I made a batch of "Healthy Oatmeal Cookies" from the Martha Stewart site.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of June 6, 2021? #30221
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        I had a strip steak that I cooked on my George Foreman grill, brown rice and cauliflower and carrots.

        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 30, 2021? #30189
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Thank you, Joan. I've been enjoying them!

          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 30, 2021? #30178
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            I made Healthy Oatmeal Cookies from Martha Stewart. The cookies use veggie oil (I used walnut oil) and no butter. I added about 1/4 cup of almond flour to it, used the KAF fruitcake fruit blend in place of raisins and 1/2 tsp of maple flavor in place of the vanilla. I also added 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and chopped up a 3 ounce dark chocolate bar for it. I baked them on my new 2/3 sheet pan. They baked up nice and were done in 16 minutes. The recipe yielded 19 cookies.

            The taste and texture are OK, not as good as a butter or shortening cookie but are perfectly acceptable to me.

            in reply to: Extra Large Sheet Pan #30176
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              That's what I do, BakerAunt, that's what I do, lol.

              The pan gives me more than an inch front and back and about an inch on the sides, so I wouldn't want to go any bigger.

              That's an excellent idea for the pie crust, Mike, I wish I had known about that sooner. I'm gonna give it a try next time.

              in reply to: Extra Large Sheet Pan #30171
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                The cookies baked up perfectly, the pan did not warp in the oven.

                sheetPan2

                Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                in reply to: Extra Large Sheet Pan #30169
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  My Winware 16x22 pan arrived yesterday (the one from Mike's link). It appears solid and well made. I put it on the kitchen scale and it comes in at 2 pounds, 4 3/8 ounces. It feels like my Nordic Ware half sheets. I did a little research and found the Nordic Ware is 20 gauge and I have had no issues with them with baking performance (cookies) nor with warping. I found a healthy oatmeal cookie on Martha Stewart's site yesterday (it uses oil, not butter) and intend to make it today. I will bake them on my new Winware pan and report back.

                  in reply to: Extra Large Sheet Pan #30144
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    I have a 16x24 pan that came with a rack. It fits so tight in the oven I've never used it, I'm afraid that it will expand as it heats up and fuse itself to the oven walls. I looked at the pan in Mike's link for the 16x22 pan and decided to get it.

                    in reply to: 2021 Garden plans #30121
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I usually do pretty good with parsley. Once it gets established it's a pretty tough plant. Maybe it likes the climate here.

                      With the up and down weather we've been having I was concerned that my peaches might not make it. I took a look at it today, it's loaded with small fruit. Of course it has a ways to go yet. The fruit never get too big, the tree was started from a pit from a store bought peach by my neighbor's father in law. But I still enjoy having the tree. The peaches always get stolen by the local wildlife.

                      peachTree‑2

                      Attachments:
                      You must be logged in to view attached files.
                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 23, 2021? #30059
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        I made a hamburger, steamed red cabbage and mashed potato.

                        in reply to: Happy Birthday to S. Wirth! #30058
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          Happy Birthday, S Wirth!

                          in reply to: 2021 Garden plans #30006
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            My Burpee plants arrived last week and I put them in my planters yesterday. I have 3 tomatoes, Early Girl, Fourth of July and something called Fresh Salsa. One jalapeno and one sweet pepper. Two each of basil and parsley. It doesn't sound like a lot but if it all produces it should be enough.

                            garden-2‑a

                            garden-1‑a

                            Attachments:
                            You must be logged in to view attached files.
                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 23, 2021? #30001
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              Tonight was a simple dinner, a hamburger from the freezer, instant mashed potato and fresh broccoli.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29963
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I made meatballs yesterday. So yesterday I had spaghetti and a meatball with broccoli. Today I had bow tie pasta with a meatball and mushroom sauce and fresh asparagus.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 16, 2021? #29931
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I wanted something easy after doing yardwork so I pulled some chicken stock and a chicken thigh from the freezer and made chicken veggie soup and had it with a roasted pork sandwich.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,231 through 1,245 (of 2,650 total)