What are you Baking the Week of June 20, 2021?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of June 20, 2021?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

My son and his family will be leaving tomorrow morning, so I'm planning an afternoon of baking, most of it road food: bagels, Brazilian cheese rolls and chocolate meringue cookies.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I know you've enjoyed your son and his family Mike as they will surely enjoy your treats you're sending with them.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I recently bought The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook for Beginners, by Elena Paravantes, RDN, who writes the blog Olive Tomato. On Friday, I baked the Olive Oil Greek Yogurt Brownies. The recipe did not specify what type of cocoa, but as it used baking powder, I used dutched chocolate, I used nonfat rather than 2% Greek yogurt, as that is what I have in the refrigerator. I substituted white whole wheat flour for the AP. My other change was to add 1 tsp. espresso powder. We sampled these brownies for dessert tonight; they have a rich, chocolaty taste and are between cakey and fudgy. I will bake these brownies again with the changes I made.

chocomouse
          Participant

I almost bought that book, BakerAunt. A good brownie might push me over that edge! I enjoy her blog and newsletter, and the foods she recommends are mostly already staples in my diet.

chocomouse
            Participant

Today I baked 2 loaves of oatmeal-buttermilk bread because the freezer was empty. There won't be much baking happening here for a while; my husband has declared he needs to lose the 10 pounds he has gained since last winter. However, I still have those peaches I bought a few days ago, and they are just begging for a cobbler topping. Okay, I guess he doesn't have to eat any of it, and I will be forced to eat it all by myself.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I will be trying more of her recipes from the book over the summer, Chocomouse, and will post when I do.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I baked a pound cake from a box mix. I might make frosting for it later, not sure yet.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.