What are you Cooking the Week of July 18, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 18, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

On Sunday I threw some strip steaks on the BBQ. Had one with pasta and asparagus. On Monday I used a half of a leftover steak in a stir fry with broccoli, carrots, jalapeno pepper, tomato and frozen mushrooms, over rice. Today I made a sandwich with the other half of the leftover steak, had it with a salad and leftover pasta from Sunday.

I'm going to have to cook something tomorrow.

Janiebakes
      Participant

cwcdesign, I hope you like it. Maybe you can get Will to make it for you. He sounds like quite the chef.

Chocomouse, your dinner sounds delicious. Have a good time in Maine. We went once and could not believe how wonderful it was. Will absolutely be going back.

navlys
        Participant

I took one of the TJ's flat bread pizza crusts and layered pesto sauce topped with pizza sauce, cooked Italian sausage, pineapple, red onion slices presoaked in water and mozzarella cheese. This bakes at 425 for 12 minutes. We love the spiciness of the sausage offset by the sweetness of the pineapple.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Tonight we had cubed steak,rice ,cooked some dry lima beans and had pickled onion with them.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I was off today so I made the paella. We enjoyed it. I used 2 tablespoons of olive oil to sauté the vegetables, added the beans in with the stock and tomatoes. And, yes it did take longer but then I was using a Dutch oven as I don’t have a big enough skillet.

We used eggplant straight from the garden and some of the last tomatoes. The bean plants are gone now so Will had to buy them at Harris Teeter. Arborio rice was on sale.

Janiebakes
              Participant

I am glad you liked the paella. It is a favorite of mine. It makes a good side dish for the meat eaters as well.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made a couple of burgers from the freezer for dinner.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had beef stew with potatoes,carrots and onion on top of corn bread.

Janiebakes
                    Participant

Seems today is mostly about prepping. I made yogurt, cucumber salad using only cukes we grew, and the pastry for the gateau basque. Tacos for dinner.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Thursday’s dinner was stir-fry with leftover turkey I had frozen, soba noodles, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, green onion, broccoli, parsley, and from our garden, a small yellow bell pepper and snow peas. It was an unorthodox stir-fry in that I also used a bit of leftover turkey gravy that I thawed and thinned with water.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

I think the paella was even better tonight. The flavors melded nicely

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I made yogurt on Friday.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had breakfast for supper smoked sausage,grits,eggs and toast.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

Dinner on Saturday was the Cook’s Country All-American Potato Salad, which I made earlier in the day, the rest of the glazed turkey-zucchini loaf, and microwaved green beans from our garden. The beans are thriving in this weather. In place of sour cream in the potato salad, I used Siggi’s nonfat Icelandic yogurt, which I bought on sale earlier in the week. I used fresh green onions from the farmer’s market. I am not sure what kind they are, but they produce a long green top with a small, fat white bulb at the bottom.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

We had fried chicken breast,zipper peas with okra boiled in them,baked sweet potato,deviled eggs,sliced tomatoes and corn bread.

I baked a small fry pan of corn bread.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.