What are you Cooking the Week of July 11, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 11, 2021?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Tonight we had baked chicken fresh creamed corn,white acre peas,sliced tomatoes and corn bread and enough for leftover later on.I like leftovers.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I am sorry to hear that your sister is not doing well, Joan. I'm sure your visit comforted her.

On Wednesday, I roasted red potatoes tossed in olive oil and Penzey’s Mural Seasoning to go with pan cooked pork my husband made. We paired it with leftover coleslaw.

RiversideLen
        Participant

I kept it simple tonight, burgers with cauliflower/broccoli/carrots.

chocomouse
          Participant

Dinner tonight was leftover salads from a potluck with family yesterday.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had a lavash pizza tonight, it was soggier than normal, not sure if I overloaded it with ingredients or just didn't drain them enough. But it was still yummy.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Thanks BakerAunt about my sister,she really enjoyed the visit as I did too.The doctor is giving her something to bring her heartrate down and she told me today she felt better.

I combined leftover meat sauce and a dab of taco meat together we had that over mashed potatoes and green beans on the side.I also made a churn of fresh peach ice cream and it was so good.We dished up some and shared with friends down the road.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight was BLT'S and fries.It's hot here,It's 7:08 PM and 90 *-F.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I took some meatballs out of the freezer. So I'm having bow tie pasta with meatballs, veggies will be cauliflower/broccoli/carrots.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had sloppy joes on Italian0-style brats, plus some sweet corn.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Friday night's dinner was leftover pork and roasted potatoes along with microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I made yogurt on Saturday.

Dinner on Saturday was soup made with turkey and chicken broth from the freezer, the last of some pork drippings, carrots, celery, red bell pepper, mushrooms, 2 tsp. reconstituted dried Penzey’s onions, a yellow squash and a zucchini from the farmer’s market, parsley, 1 ½ cups of Bob’s Red Mill Vegi-Soup mix (lentils, dried peas, and barley), and 2 tsps. Penzey’s Ozark Seasoning. We had it with rolls that I pulled out of the freezer.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had tuna melts with tomatoes from the garden, and some sweet corn.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had cubed steak,steamed cabbage and macaroni and cheese and leftover corn bread.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

We had grilled cheese with fresh garden tomatoes and avocado on Will's sourdough Saturday night.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.