What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021?

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

We had brats, roasted potatoes, and the last of the asparagus from the garden.

BakerAunt
      Participant

To go with leftover salmon patties, buns, and potato salad, I roasted asparagus, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes tossed in olive oil and some garlic powder.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had spaghetti and meat sauce with garlic toast,brownie for dessert.

BakerAunt
          Participant

Friday night’s dinner was maple-glazed pork tenderloin, roughly mashed red potatoes with skins, and microwaved frozen peas.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had a chicken sandwich, mac and cheese (from frozen) that I spooned on broccoli.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I put all my leftover fresh vegs together and made soup and we had a sandwich with it.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had a lavash pizza last night with the usual ingredients plus some of the pulled pork from Thursday's BBQ takeout. My son was drizzling apple-habanero sauce on it, that was quite good.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Dinner on Saturday was roasted sweet potato chunks that were tossed in olive oil, microwaved fresh broccoli, and roasted breaded chicken breasts (using panko, garlic and onion powder, a bit of pepper, and Parmesan).

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had BLT'S with fries....easy!

chocomouse
                      Participant

Today we hosted our two children and grandchildren for lunch and chat - first time we've seen any of them since Christmas Eve in 2019. I made a 7 Layer Mexican Salad, baked beans, and a berry trifle, and others brought pasta salad, cole slaw, and pulled pork. It was wonderful to see everyone again - they all live within a 45 minute drive of here, and with 3 kids in college and 2 with teaching jobs, I realized how much of their growing up we've missed in those 18 months. The 7 layer salad recipe came from thekitchenismy playground and was excellent; I would make it again.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by chocomouse.
                        Janiebakes
                        Participant

Our anniversary falls on Father's Day this year so we celebrated yesterday. Went out for lunch in the Amish country. Fish and chips for me, pork schnitzel for the DH. Amazing to dine out again. Today we grilled veggies and hot dogs between rain showers.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I made a strip steak, brown rice, broccoli and carrots.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Happy Anniversary, Janiebakes and husband!

It is wonderful to see the families able to gather again.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.