What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 13, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dinner plans are up the air, our son and family are en route to visit us, they're making really good time, so they should be here mid-afternoon. I was originally planning artichokes for supper yesterday or today, but I only bought two of them. He usually wants DaVinci's (take out hoagies) the first day anyway.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Enjoy your family Mike!

We had hamburgers,fries and pork-n-beans.

chocomouse
        Participant

Our dinner was grilled chicken thighs, leftover potato salad, and a green salad.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Sunday.

To go with leftover turkey for dinner, I made a side dish of bulgur cooked in broth, which I added to sauteed carrots, celery, red bell pepper, and green onion. I seasoned it with ¼ tsp. each of thyme and sage, with fresh parsley added at the end.

cwcdesign
            Participant

Will is making pizza tonight

Joan Simpson
              Participant

We had baked chicken,fresh creamed corn and leftover zipper peas & okra and sliced tomatoes.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I made spaghetti and meatballs. The meatballs were made last week and residing in the freezer, so it wasn't too much effort.

Oh, and I had a couple of brownies for dessert.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by RiversideLen.
                  BakerAunt
                  Participant

On Tuesday, I made the All-American Potato Salad from Cook’s Country (June 2006, but I found it online). I have not made this potato salad in a long time because we lacked the brand of German pickles (Hengstenberg) that we both agree are the only ones that work for us in this potato salad, which in addition to the pickles also uses pickle juice. That juice, unlike that with every other dill pickle we have tried, is slightly sweet, which for us makes the perfect flavor profile. I buy them at Tuesday Morning or Big Lots, usually around October when there is an Oktoberfest promotion. However, with the pandemic last year, we ran out of pickles. We were in South Bend last Friday, and I made sure we stopped at Big Lots where I bought three large jars of the pickles. We had it with leftover turkey and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Note: I replaced the 1/cup of sour cream with nonfat Greek yogurt.

Janiebakes
                    Participant

We made our weekly visit to my son and DIL to see the granddaughters. We always bring a lunch and today was Greek chicken. Chicken baked with lemon juice, garlic and oregano. I served it with white beans instead of pasta or rice. The two year old asked for "more beans please". Fresh Ohio strawberries and a loaf of applesauce bread rounded out the meal. Local strawberries are running about six dollars a quart but are tasty.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight we had smoked sausage,macaroni and cheese,green butter beans and sliced tomatoes.

Janiebakes
                        Participant

Dinner was supposed to be stir fried shrimp and veggies but we were out of shrimp. So stir fried veggies and sundried tomato chicken sausage. It was tasty.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

Dinner on Wednesday was salmon patties on Wheat-Oat Flax Buns with leftover potato salad and microwaved frozen mixed vegetables.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had smoked bacon,baked sweet potatoes,fried eggplant and sliced tomatoes.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I had made bagels earlier in the day; by suppertime we hit 100 for the first time in three years, so we had sandwiches on the bagels and salad. Supposed to hit 102 on Thursday!

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I had bow tie pasta with meatballs, and cauliflower, carrot and broccoli. And a brownie 🙂 .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.