Wed. Sep 30th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 2,650 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 23, 2023? #39903
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      I really didn't intend to spend part of my Sunday baking but after lunch I was down to one bun, so I made another batch.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 23, 2023? #39902
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        I had leftover meat sauce with pasta.

        in reply to: Raccoons and other Pests #39893
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          BA, yes, I've thought about that but I'd rather not be around when he leaves so I thought I'd try this first.

          I read someplace that they don't like the smell of vinegar so I'm thinking about tossing an ounce or so of vinegar in the bins once this guy leaves.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 16, 2023? #39870
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            Yes, one of Len's favorites, an easy meal!

            How does a sloppy Josephine differ from a sloppy Joe?

            I made pasta and meat sauce tonight.

            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 16, 2023? #39840
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              That cake looks good to me. Chocolate makes everything better!

              I made a batch of burger/sandwich buns.

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 16, 2023? #39839
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                The pizza is all gone, BA. 🙂

                The chicken is pretty bland so it just kind of blends in. I used a (from frozen) chicken breast because I was out of sausage. But the chicken was perfect to use with the shrimp as I wanted the shrimp to be the main flavor component. Sausage would have competed with the flavor of the shrimp. Although it's not real common, it's not unusual to see shrimp offered on thin crust pizza in the independent pizza shops in Chicagoland. That is how I discovered it (as a kid) and obtained a taste for it. They usually use the tiny shrimp.

                I think tonight is going to be a burger with mashed potato and a vegetable.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 16, 2023? #39830
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I made a pizza with mushrooms, chicken breast and shrimp. A little unusual but that's what great about making your own.

                  Pizza‑1

                  pizza‑2

                  Shrimp really adds a lot of flavor to pizza, it was delicious. Had the leftover for breakfast this morning.

                  The crust was equal parts of Semolina, KAB Rye Flour Blend, Whole Wheat and AP, hydrated at about 70%.

                  Attachments:
                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                  in reply to: Today (July 19th) is National Hot Dog Day #39828
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    Walk through the garden means you load it up with veggies, onion, relish, hot peppers, tomato, pickle etc.

                    in reply to: Today (July 19th) is National Hot Dog Day #39819
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      The Whole Foods 365 brand uncured beef hot dogs are pretty good, my usual. I prefer my dogs char grilled or at least grilled in the toaster oven, and walked through the garden.

                      in reply to: Today (July 19th) is National Hot Dog Day #39813
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        Good to know. I'll have to take a raincheck on it, I have no dogs at the moment.

                        in reply to: Kitchenaid Mixer #39809
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          I have the "Professional 5 Plus" which is a 5 quart wide bowl. It came with the spiral bread hook. Mike, I'm surprised about the bowl popping off on your son's KA, I've not had that issue.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 16, 2023? #39808
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            On Sunday I made ribeye steak and spicy Italian sausage on the grill. I had the steak. Yesterday I had a sausage with pasta. Today I made a pizza with a sausage and mushrooms.

                            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 9, 2023? #39755
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              Guess what I had, (it was a stuffed pepper), with broccoli and pasta.

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 9, 2023? #39745
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                I made stuffed peppers last night. One pound of ground beef, 1/4 cup of bread crumbs hydrated with beef broth, some dehydrated onions, dried parsley, an egg, 2 medium shredded carrots, a good shake of Worchester sauce and A-1 sauce, a pinch of garlic powder and 3 large pepper halves.

                                Peppers

                                peppers‑2

                                Attachments:
                                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 9, 2023? #39726
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  Mike, that blueberry zucchini bread looks good. The few times I've baked quick breads, they have tended to be underdone in the middle which is why I rarely make them.

                                  Today I made a batch of my sandwich/burger buns.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 811 through 825 (of 2,650 total)