What are you Cooking the Week of July 30, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 30, 2023?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Dinner tonight will be tuna melts

chocomouse
      Participant

Pizza tonight!

cwcdesign
        Participant

We had lots of brown rice left over, so I googled brown rice salads. Found a nice simple Mediterranean Brown Rice salad that was just posted by the author (?) last week. It's similar to tabbouleh but lighter. We added extra vegetables. Will is sautéing Caprese chicken sausage to go with it.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We finished the leftover roasted chicken for dinner on Thursday. We had it with microwaved fresh broccoli and an ear each of the first sweet corn of the season.

This afternoon, I canned three more 8 oz.-jars of blackberry jam.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

No cooking for me tonight friends treated me to a seafood supper...sweet friends.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had just a little of the zucchini-tomato casserole left, so we heated it and had it with hot dogs. The pairing worked surprisingly well.

Here's a link to the recipe:

https://www.saltysidedish.com/zucchini-tomato-casserole/

The recipe is a bit imprecise, but it worked fairly well. The next time I make it, if I wind up using some of the larger zucchini I'm going to quarter the slices.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had salami and tomato sandwiches tonight, it's tomato season!

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had a late lunch with my friend so it's fruit for supper.

Mike the tomato casserole looks very good!

BakerAunt
                    Participant

Our tomatoes are on the verge of being ready. I agree with Joan, Mike, that casserole looks good.

I made Turkey-Zucchini Loaf with Peach-Dijon Glaze for dinner on Friday. We had it with an ear each of sweet corn and microwaved fresh green beans from the garden.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I made a pizza with sausage, red pepper and onion. Had it with a salad.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We had leftover turkey-zucchini meat loaf, sweet corn, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had a BBQ sandwich, sliced tomatoes, dill pickles and corn on the cob.

navlys
                            Participant

I marinated a pork tenderloin baked it and served it with a zucchini orzo dish with tomato, onion and pesto from the nyt. If I can get one of their recipes online I always read the comments. They are very enlightening.

navlys
                              Participant

I marinated a pork tenderloin baked it and served it with a zucchini orzo dish with tomato, onion and pesto from the nyt. If I can get one of their recipes online I always read the comments. They are very enlightening.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.