What are you Cooking the Week of August 6, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 6, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We're having BLT's tonight.

chocomouse
      Participant

I had a chopped turkey burger with sweet red pepper, onion, and cheese; and leftover over summer squash and zucchini.

chocomouse
        Participant

Happy Anniversary, BakerAunt! Today is our 55th anniversary. We'll celebrate with a salad supper: seafood salad, cole slaw, and orzo salad. And lemon cookies. Our daughter celebrated 25 years yesterday, and our son will celebrate 22 next week!

BakerAunt
          Participant

Thank you for the good wishes, Chocomouse. Happy Anniversary to you and your husband! And to your daughter and her husband. And to your son and his wife! August seems to be a popular month for weddings. Yesterday was the 43rd anniversary of a good friend and her husband. Tomorrow is the date my parents were married in 1950.

navlys
            Participant

Happy Anniversary Baker Aunt and husband!! How many years..or is it secret? Was the day hot? Do you take out the pictures from that day and reminisce? We don't but just a thought!

skeptic7
              Participant

Happy Anniversary Baker Aunt and Chocomouse!

I did lamb shanks in the slow cooker last night with onions, carrots, celery and red wine. Very tasty.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Happy Anniversary Baker Aunt and Chocomouse!

I have a previously cooked burger in the fridge and I bought hot dogs today so I'm thinking it's going to be a burger and a dog (burger isn't big). I'm going to rummage through the veggie bin and have what needs to be used with it.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

Thank you, Navlys, Skeptic, and Riverside Len for the anniversary wishes. Navlys, we have been married 13 years. It took me a while to find the right guy, but he is worth the search.

On Thursday, I had my first turkey bacon and tomato sandwich of the season, using tomatoes from our garden. It was good, but I probably should have foreseen that the Pumpkin Rye Whole Wheat Bread with Molasses is not the perfect pairing for tomatoes and turkey bacon, as the bread overwhelms the filling.

Dinner tonight was the rest of the pork tenderloin, sweet corn, and more microwaved green beans from our garden.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

No supper for me I went with a friend out for a big breakfast for lunch so I'll have a peach if I want anything.

Happy Anniversary Chocomouse and to your daughter and son.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

I decided against the hamburger and hot dog dinner, I have a jar of pasta sauce in the fridge so I had the burger patty with pasta and sauce. The veggie was kale.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Loaded nachos and a hotdog.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had grilled chicken, corn on the cob, orzo salad, and cucumber sticks.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Dinner on Friday was roasted chicken thighs, the last of the sweet corn our neighbors gifted us from their farm, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden. We have eaten a lot of green beans, and neither of us is tired of them.

chocomouse
                              Participant

BakerAunt, I love beans also, and it has been my most successful crop this disastrous gardening season. I grow them in a waist-high planter on my deck, and I'll get my 3ed picking this weekend. Today I planted more seeds, both green and yellow beans, hoping to beat the frost we usually get around October 15. If it is predicted to be a light frost, I'll toss a blanket or sheet over them to extend the growing season.

cwcdesign
                                Participant

A simple salad of romaine, cucumber and chicken with an Asian ginger dressing I bought on the recommendation of my manager. I had the same thing last night. It's too hot to cook and this was light and cooling.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.