What are you Cooking the Week of August 6, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 6, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'll be making another one of the zucchini and tomato casseroles today, the last one was very good.

I also picked about 9 pounds of tomatoes this morning, added to the 6 or 7 pounds that I already had I've got enough for at least 5 quarts of tomato juice, so I'll be doing that today, it's a cool day, high only expected to be around 74.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had BBQ sandwich ,corn on the cob and sliced tomatoes.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made a pasta salad for lunch, using tricolor pasta and an English cucumber and green onion from the farmers' market and cherry tomatoes from our garden. I made a dressing of red wine vinegar and olive oil combined with Penzey's Sandwich Sprinkle. I added a bit of garlic powder to liven it up. I also added sliced black olives and goat cheese. I will eat it for lunches this week, as my husband is not fond of such salads.

For dinner, we had the last of the turkey-zucchini loaf, sweet corn, and microwaved fresh broccoli. For dessert, we each had a slice of cantaloupe, which we had bought from the stand at the edge of town. It is sweet and delicious!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had some of the tomato-zucchini casserole for supper, a relatively light supper but still satisfying.

I didn't get the tomatoes processed and juice canned today, I'll try to get that done on Monday.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Finished up the BBQ, corn on the cob, pickles and chips with salsa.It's so hot here right now at 5:15 pm it's 96 -F with heat index of 114-F.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I've got 5 quarts of tomato juice in the pressure canner, first batch using it instead of hot water canning.

BakerAunt
                Participant

On Monday, I made Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin, muddled mashed potatoes and microwaved green beans from our garden. We had cantaloupe for dessert. It was a great celebration for our anniversary.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

Happy Anniversary, BA!

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

The new pressure canner worked well, all the jars sealed and using it on an induction cooktop meant the kitchen didn't get as hot as it does heating a 24 quart pot of water to a full boil and processing the jars for 45 minutes.

Only thing I forgot to do was that I didn't put some vinegar in the canner, so I had to wipe the jars down because they had some calcium buildup on the outside.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

I had salami and tomato sandwich, corn on the cob, pickles.

Happy Anniversary BakerAunt!

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Thank you, CWCdesign and Joan for the good wishes.

We re-ran last night's dinner on Tuesday and will re-run it again tomorrow.

Joan--Has it cooled down where you are? That heat index is horrible.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had steak on the grill plus some of the tomato/zucchini casserole tonight.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had grilled boneless pork chops, potatoes roasted on the grill, and fresh green, yellow, and purple beans from the deck planter.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

On Tuesday, I made yogurt. I also de-seeded the last basket of blackberries. I only had about 1 ¾ cups of puree after I finished, which is not enough for another batch of jam, so I froze it and will use it in a future pan of brownies.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I had a hotdog, sliced tomatoes and pickles,and a very good peach.

BakerAunt the temps are still up heat index today was was 105-110.We've been having thunder n lightening storms with lots of wind and rain not good.I sat on the porch a few minutes today and it didn't take me long to go back inside.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.