What are you Cooking the Week of August 27, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 27, 2023?

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    navlys
    Participant

Now there's a challenge: uses for zucchini relish. How about putting it in potato salad instead of pickle relish!

navlys
      Participant

I decided to make a turkey breast in my crockpot. I made the "Recipe Tin Eats" recipe before and it turned out great. Different crockpot different results. Even on low my crockpot cooks high. I know how all the newer pots cook high for safety reasons but no one ever got sick using my old crockpot. So my solution is to go to the thrift store and find an old crockpot (or slow cooker) or keep the cover to my present pot slightly ajar!

chocomouse
        Participant

On Thursday, I made 4 salads for our dinner: seafood, cole slaw, Cowboy, and cauliflower. The cole slaw was a new recipe, with a dressing made of orange juice, honey, and lime. I thought it might be a nice change from my usual tart-sweet dressing; it was OK, a little disappointing, and I probably won't make it again.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Since I don't put pickle relish in potato salad, that doesn't help here. I suppose I could try it in Thousand Island dressing, but I may have to chop it up a bit. I might try some on a hotdog.

chocomouse
            Participant

I use dill zucchini relish on my turkey burgers, hot dogs, all kinds of sausage links, etc.

I have found my Ball blue book, 1995 edition, but can't find my newest one; I guess I gave it away when I was downsizing my cookbook collection. I will make the basic zucchini relish recipe, and add dill seed to it; that seems to be my best option now. But first I need to use up my Amish tomatoes to make salsa. I can manage only one preserving project a day!

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I cooked me a hamburger patty and had it on light bread it was so good.My sister in law and her husband went to a nearby town yesterday Thomasville just to ride and go somewhere to sit and eat a good meal in air condition.The amount of trees down everywhere was crazy.This is first time a hurricane has hit us full on ever.

RiversideLen
                Participant

I'm glad you're safe, Joan.

I made stuffed peppers today. I had one with pasta and a salad.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

It is good to hear from you after the hurricane, Joan. Being able to cook dinner after that storm must have made it taste extra good.

I made broccoli salad on Friday night. My bonus daughter and her boyfriend are arriving tomorrow, and I am planning an easy dinner, since we need to pick them up at an airport that is a much longer drive from here than the airport we drove to earlier in the week.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Dinner tonight was grilled chicken thighs with a Greek marinade, roasted potato chunks, and Cowboy corn and bean salad.

I'm so glad to hear you are OK, Joan. Valdosta was hit pretty bad.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had sandwiches today. It may have hit 100 again here.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Reheating one of the hamburgers I cooked yesterday.Still good. Yes Valdosta was hit hard and I'm so thankful good friends came today and cleared the biggest mess of the cedar tree,one of the friends knows someone with a sawmill will come get the trunk for planing for cedar boards.It smells so good.I'm thankful someone will use it . I'm gonna have one hell of a bonfire when it gets dry enough to burn.I told my sister in law we'll roast marshmallows she laughed and said yeah ,we'll have to stick them on the end of a long cane pole lol !

BakerAunt
                          Participant

I made turkey-zucchini loaf with peach Dijon glaze for dinner tonight. We had it with an ear of corn each and broccoli salad.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made pizza and salad. The pizza had a little pepperoni, a few Greek olives and sliced stuffed pepper. The meat mixture for the pepper is ground beef and Italian sausage, came out pretty good.

pizza-n-salad

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                              Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

Good looking pizza, Len.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.