What are you Cooking the Week of August 13, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 13, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

Choco, those zucchini patties sound interesting.

I had a grilled cheese (smoked cheddar) stuffed with a hamburger patty and a side of kale.

BakerAunt
      Participant

We re-ran Monday's dinner menu on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tomorrow, we cook again.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

We had tomato soup and fried cheese sandwiches again, something simple and mild.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Today I went thrifting with my friends and after treated them to Texas Road House, I had an awesome day.What did I find ? a blouse.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had a grilled cheese with hamburger patty again, this time with a big salad.

BakerAunt
              Participant

My husband cooked thin slices of pork for dinner, which we had with sweet corn and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan--I love thrifting, whether I find something or not, and it is always better with friends.

My husband cooked thin slices of pork in the skillet for dinner, which we had with sweet corn and microwaved fresh broccoli.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Light supper of salad and fruit tonight.

I agree BakerAunt we went back thrifting today nothing for me but a lot of laughs.Laughing is good for the soul!

BakerAunt
                  Participant

We had to drive to Fort Wayne and back on Friday afternoon, so we got home around 5 p.m. Fortunately, we had leftover pork from last night, so we set to work cutting vegetables and meat, so that I could make stir-fry with soba noodles, pork, deglazing from when the pork was cooked, red bell pepper, green onion, carrots, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, and snow peas. The snow peas were from our garden.

Joan--my sister texted me a picture of her latest thrift shop find: a never used Wilton doughnut pan in heart shapes.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I made stuffed yellow peppers, had one with a large salad. The pepper was very sweet.

navlys
                      Participant

I made "Recipe Tin Eats"'s Salisbury steak. Her recipes have served me well. This one was a little time consuming. I had to grate an onion into the bread crumbs. I have to admit it did turn out delicious.

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

Hotdogs and fruit.

BakerAunt
                          Participant

We are having leftover stir-fry tonight.

Navlys--I refuse to grate onions! When a recipe calls for them, I pull out the onion powder.

Joan, I went to the only thrift store in my little town today and found a glass cake cover that perfectly fits the 8-inch diameter cake stand that I bought last year to use with the little wedding cake that I made for my younger bonus son and his wife. I've been looking for one, and I paid just $2.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

I had a steak and baked potato tonight. (Diane is spending the weekend with her cousin in western Nebraska, where it's even hotter than Lincoln. We hit 104 today, and they're calling for 100+ through Thursday, with 108 on Monday, I hope that's an over-estimate!)

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

There's a thrift store near us that has a big sign in their window:

Shopping at a thrift store is cheaper than therapy.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

Good find BakerAunt I love the hunt!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.