What are you Cooking the Week of July 30, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 30, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a broccoli and beef stir fry for supper tonight, to use some broccoli from the garden.

Spread the word
      BakerAunt
      Participant

On Sunday, I de-seeded another quart of blackberries. I had enough to make and can another three (8 oz) jars and one (4oz) jar of blackberry jam.

For dinner, we warmed up chicken thighs from last night in the microwave and the roasted vegetables in the countertop convection oven. Leftovers are great, as they free me to do other cooking and baking projects.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I was off yesterday so we went to the farmers market. We didn't get too much because Will is going out of town in a few days.

Tonight I made a tomato galette with Will's pimento cheese (the recipe had called for Boursin). It used puff pastry. It was really good but was too watery despite the fact that I had followed the directions to salt the tomatoes, let them sit and then pat them dry. Next time I'll have to let them sit on a rack instead of the cutting board. Or roast them some first. But I would definitely make it again.

We also had green beans and a tuna salad with cannellini beans.

navlys
          Participant

Lamb loin chops with epicurious' recipe which take 16 minutes after marinating. Served with salad and a baked potato. The lamb loin chops were only $5.99 at Costco and they were thick.

BakerAunt
            Participant

To go with the last of the roasted chicken thighs on Monday, I made a farro stir-fry with farro cooked in broth from the freezer, and red bell pepper, mushrooms, yellow squash, and snow peas sauteed in avocado oil. The snow peas are from our garden.

This morning, I picked another 3 quarts of blackberries, so I will be processing those in the next two days.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We had tomato and salami sandwiches using tomatoes from the garden.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had chargrilled chicken,leftover sweet potatoes,green salad and sliced tomatoes.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

I had a BBQ sandwich,sliced tomatoes and dill pickles.

chocomouse
                    Participant

We had grilled salmon, steamed zucchini and summer squash, and rice.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I do not usually roast chicken again right after having had chicken for three days, but at the grocery this morning, there was a lovely 4.25 lb. chicken marked down to 99 cents per pound. Dinner tonight was roast chicken (the dog is not complaining), some leftover farro stir-fry from last night, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

Tonight we had steaks on the grill again, with a tomato and zucchini casserole that I found a recipe for online, using both tomatoes and zucchini from the garden. The casserole was quite good, I was afraid it would be really watery but it wasn't. (I left out the garlic in the recipe, of course.) I'll be curious to see how well it reheats.

Sort of like a ratatouille but without the eggplant and with some cheese and bread crumbs.

We had some of yesterday's zucchini cake for dessert.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had a BBQ sandwich,stewed squash with onions,sliced tomatoes and sweet potato.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We're doing tacos/nachos tonight.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We had left over roast chicken, leftover farro stir-fry, and microwaved fresh green beans from the garden for Wednesday's dinner.

Today, I made yogurt. I de-seeded 2 quarts of blackberries, from which I froze 12 oz. for that brownie recipe and set aside the rest to make jam tomorrow. I also made chicken broth from the bones of the current chicken, combined with the bones from the chicken breasts that I had in the freezer.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Our dinner was the bread rounds we grilled earlier - split and filled with tuna salad for my husband and chicken slices for me. We also had cherry tomatoes which I salvaged after chasing off the chipmunk which has been eating all of them from the pot on the deck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.