Wed. Oct 7th, 2026

navlys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 7, 2023? #39192
    navlys
    Participant

      I baked Mexican wedding cookies last week and I'm baking Chinese almond cookies this week. The latter calls for almond flour . I had frozen the flour when we went to Florida. It was a pain to get out of the bag. The process called for mixing the flour with cold butter cubes and mixing prior to adding sugar and a/p flour. The mixture has to chill for an hour or more. It is still chilling as I write. Too be continued.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 30, 2023? #39167
      navlys
      Participant

        I made a shrimp dish with lemon and garlic served over pasta. I didn't have a lemon so I sprinkled my KA lemon powder on top. Could have had more lemon flavor but it was pretty tasty!

        in reply to: Thread for Joan #39166
        navlys
        Participant

          You have to cherish every positive moment!

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023? #39118
          navlys
          Participant

            I made a rubbed pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and corn. What I discovered is that it is better to bake the tenderloin at 350 instead of 400. I dislike overcooked pork and like it somewhat pink in the middle. I take it out at 140 or so and let it rest bringing it to 145. Depending on the weight I tend to check the meat after 20 minutes. IMHO!

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 23, 2023? #39104
            navlys
            Participant

              Our neighbor filled our refrigerator with fruit, milk and lunch meats . She included a box of cereal for breakfast tomorrow and ordered Chinese takeout for dinner which we all enjoyed. Of course she included a bottle of wine. After our 2 day 18 hour trip home we really appreciated it.

              in reply to: Thread for Joan #39103
              navlys
              Participant

                Praying for you Joan.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 16, 2023? #39056
                navlys
                Participant

                  Time to clean out the freezer and fridge. I sautéed shrimp with pineapple and sausage. I added broccoli and served over rice. With a little spice addition here and there it was pretty tasty.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 16, 2023? #39025
                  navlys
                  Participant

                    We had fall off the bone bb ribs with baked beans, coleslaw and leftover chicken wings!

                    in reply to: Tupperware might go bankrupt #38977
                    navlys
                    Participant

                      I think the Tupperware from the 60's and 70's was thicker and higher quality. I still have pieces that are 40 years old.

                      in reply to: Tupperware might go bankrupt #38976
                      navlys
                      Participant

                        I think the Tupperware from the 60's and 70's was thicker and higher quality. I still have pieces that are 40 years old.

                        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of April 9, 2023? #38968
                        navlys
                        Participant

                          Made my favorite banana bread. Since I don't have a mixer I guess it was just at well that the butter mostly melted in the microwave. I thought it was baked but when it cooled it sunk in the middle. I froze it to save when my daughter arrives.To be continued!

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 9, 2023? #38967
                          navlys
                          Participant

                            You and hubby are on my prayer list🙏

                            in reply to: Ecologically smart yards #38940
                            navlys
                            Participant

                              Interesting article. If we weren't in an hoa with hired landscaping I might find the energy to adopt some of their ideas. That's my excuse.

                              in reply to: 2023 Garden Plans #38926
                              navlys
                              Participant

                                I think you should plant strawberries. Went to a local produce stand and purchased freshly picked (Florida) strawberries! They were the best tasting sweet berries that I've had in years. After refrigerating them they were still good but not as amazing. Just a thought!

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of April 2, 2023? #38912
                                navlys
                                Participant

                                  Most of the snow birds left before us so we got a lot what was left in their freezer or refrigerator. So I made flatbread pizza with sausage and pineapple and mozzarella cheese.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 649 total)