What are you Cooking the Week of July 24, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of July 24, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Too early to be thinking seriously of dinner plans here. Maybe something on the grill.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

No cooking here tonight we had Taco's from a local Mexican Restaurant, just so so.

BakerAunt
        Participant

It's leftover lima beans, brown rice, and ham for us.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We wound up having burgers on the grill and sweet corn. The sweet corn ears we're getting from our favorite vendor at the Sunday farmer's market are bigger each week.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had a hamburger, mashed potato and asparagus.

navlys
              Participant

I had miso and tahini for who knows what recipe! So I found a chicken thigh recipe which uses both. The original recipe was from NYT which I somehow got to open up. The comments were very useful for my using boneless skinless thighs. The dinner was very tasty and I will repeat it as I still have....miso and tahini left,

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had fried cubed pork,rice and gravy, peas and okra that was cooked in the freezer and I made a peach cobbler.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Dang I don't know what happened it showed up twice hmmm.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I deleted the duplicate. It happens to us all.

We had bagels with some of the pastrami/Montreal Smoked Meat that I made and froze several weeks ago. Plus some sweet corn.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

No cooking here except for frying corn bread to go with all leftovers.

chocomouse
                        Participant

Mike, that sounds like a great meal! Last night I made a bean salad, adding some cauliflower, all from the garden. Today I made a potato salad. My husband grilled ribs to go with it all for dinner.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Tonight we had sweet corn and salami/cantaloupe.

There's a thunderstorm coming, looks like this one might actually hit south Lincoln.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Tuesday's dinner: My husband cooked pan cooked boneless pork ribs, I roasted some sweet chunks of sweet potato and made another Michiana Green Bean salad to keep up with the overflow of green beans from the garden.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Fried chicken tenders, stewed squash with onions, green beans with red potatoes, sliced tomatoes and cucumbers in vinegar.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

The neighbors on our north, who come up most weekends in the summer, have a farm, and they gift us with sweet corn every year. Dinner on Wednesday was sweet corn and leftover pork and Michiana Green Bean Salad.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.