What are you Cooking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Supper plans here are going to be dependent upon the weather, there's rain in the late afternoon forecast. Looks like we missed this morning's showers, the front went north of us.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

We've had two or three showers today,nice!

We had fried chicken ,thickened potatoes in a cream sauce and leftover stewed squash.

cwcdesign
        Participant

Joan, I wish that rain would come up the coast. There was a storm the other night and we could hear the thunder, but the rain only fell on the south part of the island.

I made tuna salad to go with the leftover kale salad I made yesterday. The kale salad is really good. It was in an email from Southern Living - chopped kale, toasted panko, grated hard boiled egg, a faux Caesar dressing and Parmesan. I used cheddar as my Parmesan had gone by - it’s a salad I will definitely make again.

Edit: the kale salad tastes better tonight - I would probably make more dressing. I meant to add that the recipe calls for curly kale, but I prefer Lacinato (dinosaur) kale

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had several short rainstorms this afternoon, which were welcomed as it was hot and humid. We are having a pleasant, open the windows evening.

For our anniversary dinner, I made Maple Glazed Pork Tenderloin, roasted Kennebec potatoes tossed in olive oil and Penzey's Sunny Paris, and microwaved fresh green beans from our garden. We had more blueberry tart for dessert.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

So far all we've gotten is a sprinkle or two, the temp dropped about 10 degrees but the humidity went up at least that much. Still some chances of rain overnight, but it probably won't amount to much.

We had NY strip steak on the grill, corn on the cob, baked potato and sauteed mushrooms.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

I made spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic toast.Always make enough I can freeze half for another meal.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm making a batch of ratatouille today. Not sure what else we're having for supper, probably some sweet corn and maybe tomato and salami sandwiches.

cwcdesign
                  Participant

It rained briefly today and then it got steamy! I’m having leftovers

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We started today with heat and humidity, then some rain arrived in the late afternoon. We are having some thunder with it now.

We had leftovers, but I roasted more potatoes with Penzey's Sunny Paris to go with them.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Tonight's ratatouille came out very good, for a change it didn't come out soupy.

I topped half of it with some mozzarella cheese, that made it taste a lot like lasagna. My wife said all it needs is the mushrooms.

I'll have lots of white eggplant over the next few weeks, next time I may make a somewhat larger batch in the style of a layered lasagna--with mushrooms, of course.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Lucky you, Mike, with all the eggplant.

There was actually a nice breeze this afternoon - I almost opened my doors.

I was inspired by a recipe in an email to make a peanut noodle salad. I ended up doing a mashup of 2 different recipes - it came out well - I can eat for the next several days. The recipe called for crispy Halloumi which I thought sounded great, but 8 ounces was $14 at Harris Teeter! I didn’t want it that much - ½ pound of tenderloin would have cost less

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight we had breakfast for supper -pan fried sausage, grits, scrambled eggs and toast.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

I made a stir fry with some shrimp, left over steak, broccoli, carrot, kale and asparagus. Seasoned it with grated ginger, sesame seed oil and soy sauce. I could have put more kale in there but it was picture perfect.

stirfry

Attachments:
                              You must be logged in to view attached files.
                              Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

We had sweet corn, steak with sauteed mushrooms and a baked potato.

Nice photo of the shrimp.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Do you have any leftovers, Len? I'll be there in a minute!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.