What are you Cooking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 7, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I plan on making the same thing tonight. Chocomouse, bring dessert and we'll share.

chocomouse
      Participant

Blueberry cobbler would be good with your stir fry! We should plan for all of our Kitchen friends to meet somewhere for a potluck -- what an amazing meal that would be!

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

Unfortunately, we're kind of spread out all over the place.

BakerAunt
          Participant

One of these days we should try another virtual meeting. Perhaps high tea?

Lovely presentation, Len, and I bet that it tasted delicious.

I baked Blueberry Cobbler on Wednesday. I have almost used up all the blueberries from our second picking trip that I did not freeze. I have enough for some muffins in a couple of days.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

The online pizza party was fun, I admit.

We had burgers on the grill and sweet corn tonight.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight we had BBQ chicken in the pot with onion and I had a gravy with BBQ sauce over it to go with leftover rice,creamed corn and I pan fried some sliced okra in an iron skillet in some bacon grease no beading and it was all so good.

Len your photo of the stir fry looks very good,yum!

BakerAunt
                Participant

Yes, the pizza party was fun! Maybe we need a cinnamon roll party?

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

Or low tea. (High tea is essentially dinner, low tea is a light late afternoon snack; the high and low has to do with the height of the table on which it is served.)

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had meatloaf but I made it in hamburger patties, macaroni and cheese and red potatoes cut up in a can of green beans.I made pie crusts today and baked a coconut pie for dessert.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I made a stir-fry for dinner on Thursday using the leftover pork, deglazing liquid, soba noodles, carrots, celery, mushrooms, broccoli, and, from our garden, red bell pepper and snow peas.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We had salads and then tomato and salami sandwiches, both with tomatoes from the garden. I picked 2 dozen 4th of July small tomatoes today, most of them about the size of a ping pong ball. I see some bigger tomatoes on the other varieties, but they haven't started ripening yet.

We've had some more cool weather overnight lately, in the low 60's, that probably means more fruit will have set, so maybe September will be a good month for tomatoes here. I should be picking a big bowl of 6-10 ounce tomatoes every day or two by now. But I'm told most of the gardens in town are not doing well with tomatoes; too cold, then too hot, and too dry.

We have parts of the state in extreme drought conditions, including some western counties that have never been in that situation. Crop yield estimates keep going down, some farmers have lost entire fields due to the drought and extreme heat.

The Wall Street Journal had a story the other day about how ranchers are culling their herds because they can't afford to feed them, that could have a multi-year impact on the amount of beef on the market, and thus on prices.

navlys
                          Participant

We belong to a wine club whereby everyone brings a dish. A friend sent me an orzo, feta and shrimp salad recipe which was very well received. I think the dill and maple syrup in the dressing (instead of honey) clinched it!

chocomouse
                            Participant

navlys, can you share that recipe? Sounds delicious!

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

We had taco salad tonight.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We're having takeout stir fry tonight.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.