What are you Cooking the Week of August 28, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of August 28, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

We had salads tonight: d'Italini, seafood, and Greek. We dined in the middle of a thunderstorm with heavy winds and rain, but did not lose power.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

We had tacos tonight.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had Mexican casserole with bread & butter.

navlys
          Participant

Lamb loin chops with mint jelly, roasted potatoes and peas. Costco has the largest lamb chops at a lower price than most places.

chocomouse
            Participant

We had calzones cooked on the grill. Excellent meal!

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              BakerAunt
              Participant

I am impressed with Navlys' and Chocomouse's dinners!

I recently treated myself to freezer containers from Lehman's. I like their products, but shipping is expensive, so I wait to order until I have a list. The freezer containers were half price if you bought three or more, and I did. On Wednesday, I blanched some green beans and filled a 1-quart and a 1 1/2-pint container for freezing. I used a 1-pint container to freeze about 1 1/2 cups of grated zucchini that I can use for my zucchini loaf in the winter. As the containers stack nicely, unlike the various yogurt and butter containers I have been using (and will still use for some items), I'm hoping to avoid the scenario where my husband goes into the freezer, items spill out, and containers or lids crack.

Dinner on Wednesday was the Turkey-Zucchini Loaf with Peach-Dijon Mustard glaze. I added a red bell pepper from our garden. We had it with leftover bulgur stir-fry and more microwaved green beans. These beans are the fatter ones that I rejected for freezing.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had tomato and salami sandwiches.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I made tacos from leftover steak, had it with refried beans and asparagus.

I miss the "like" button, there are so many posts that deserve a like.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Tonight we had fried cubed pork, rice and gravy, leftover squash and beets.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

Well, the like button kept crashing the site, so it probably isn't coming back.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I envy your finding beets, Joan. I was able to get a bunch of golden beets a few weeks ago. The farmers' market vendor told me that for some reason, the rest of the beets are not doing well, and she doubts she will have any more for the market.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

BakerAunt the beets were from a can but I cook them with sugar and vinegar.I haven't had fresh beets in a long time.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

Joan--I had never touched a raw beet until last year. I was surprised how easy they are to roast in foil in the oven, then use a paper towel to rub off the skin. I was even more surprised by how wonderful they taste.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

Tonight we had chargrilled chicken breast that I pound out flat and marinated in Italian dressing, mashed potatoes and creamed corn and pumpkin pie for dessert.

BakerAunt I never liked beets growing up but as an adult I loved them.My mom use to make them a lot and when she'd open a can I'd say they smelled like dirt.I like to keep some in the fridge.I've never roasted any fresh ones only boiled them.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

Yeah, I really didn't think the Like button was coming back.

I like fresh beets. The beet greens are really good.

I made pork loin chops today and had one with noodles and kale.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.