Thu. Oct 8th, 2026

navlys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Troubleshooting popovers #42195
    navlys
    Participant

      My sister in law gave me a recipe that calls for skim milk. I have it at home. They always come out good. I guess fat is not the problem for the keto diet.

      in reply to: Keto-friendly buns! #42145
      navlys
      Participant

        Can you use ketchup? Do you plan to follow this diet for the rest of your life? Ps the buns look amazing!

        in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of March 10, 2024? #42134
        navlys
        Participant

          I had to make an appetizer for our Italian dinner with friends. I decided to make bruschetta with the addition of mozzarella cheese. The baguette I used for the crostini was a Cuban baguette. It did not have as many holes as an Italian baguette and was a little sweeter but it worked perfectly. The crust was not as crusty either.

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 3, 2024? #42060
          navlys
          Participant

            I marinated boneless skinless chicken thighs which I served with roasted potatoes. I boiled the cut up chunks of potatoes, then roasted them with the chicken thighs. I always defat the thighs with scissors.

            in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of March 3, 2024? #42048
            navlys
            Participant

              We had leftover pulled pork heated with leftover chicken stir fry over ramen noodles. Surprisingly tasty.

              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 25, 2024? #42002
              navlys
              Participant

                We had tuna melts with sweet potato fries. I added copped carrots and chopped pickles to the tuna. I buy Genova yellowfin tuna packed in oil. Yum

                in reply to: Bob of Bob’s Red Mill Died #41965
                navlys
                Participant

                  I just read about Bob's passing. Hope he was ok with how his brand is doing. I would love to know what % of the population has celiac disease. The age group of those who do would also be interesting. Because I am not affected by gluten I cannot sympathize properly with those that are.

                  in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 25, 2024? #41964
                  navlys
                  Participant

                    We are being treated to Chinese which is why I am making almond flavored sugar cookies!?!

                    in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of February 25, 2024? #41963
                    navlys
                    Participant

                      I am going to bake sugar cookies with almond extract.

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 18, 2024? #41911
                      navlys
                      Participant

                        Mike your journey should make for an interesting story. There are several keto recipes on the web. It is scary to shift gears after thinking and eating a certain way in the past. The body is a mysterious machine and the information we are fed about it's needs are not always accurate or so it seems.

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 18, 2024? #41903
                        navlys
                        Participant

                          I thought about a pork salad sandwich but think it may be too chewy. Tacos and stir fry sounds doable.

                          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 18, 2024? #41895
                          navlys
                          Participant

                            I need some creative thinking here. I have left over pork chunks from the baby back ribs I cooked in my slow cooker. I purchased the ribs from Aldi's and they were super meaty. I must have at least 11/2 cups of meat that I chopped off the bones. They were bbq flavored originally. Any ideas what I can make with this leftover meat?

                            in reply to: Remembering Cass Avona (Kid Pizza) #41832
                            navlys
                            Participant

                              That is sad news. He was such an informative member of the old KA community!

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of February 11, 2024? #41830
                              navlys
                              Participant

                                I have a couple of ideas rolling in my head: thin sliced beef top round steak marinated in teriyaki sauce , skewered and grilled on my grill pan or marinated chunks of pork tenderloin baked or grilled served with pineapple chunks. The latter was inspired by "A Twisted Plate" recipe for pork bites.

                                in reply to: Ketogenic Diets #41814
                                navlys
                                Participant

                                  Good luck on your journey Mike. Should be interesting. My neighbor who has type 1 diabetes went on Ozempic and lost 30 lbs. As far as carbs go I've heard that athletes fill up on carbs the night before an event to give them energy.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 649 total)