KitchenAid Sale (and my story)

Home Forums General Discussions KitchenAid Sale (and my story)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

KA is running a sale right now on their website. You can save as much as $100 on a stand mixer. There are discounts on attachments and accessories too. The sale runs through 09-16-23.

Why I know this. I placed an order on Saturday only to discover that they started the sale on Sunday.

So, I was making a small batch of pizza dough in my 5 quart mixer and the dough hook had difficulty grabbing the dough. I have to work with it for a while before it's eventually able to do it. This is something that I have done many times before. It got me thinking that the 3.5 quart KA Mini would be a good choice for the small batch mixing jobs. This is something that I've been thinking about for a while. I went to the KA site and found the 3.5 quart Mini in candy apple red. It's kind of pricey though, for $379.99. But it said to log in and get a reduced price, so I did and was offered for $360.99. Well, a $19 saving and free shipping, I placed my order. On Sunday I wanted to verify some of the features it has so I logged onto their site again and discovered the sale, my item is now being offered for $299.99. Darn it! (I really didn't say "darn", I used the other word). I decided I will contact them and ask for the sale price. But due to the weekend and holiday I could not get hold of anyone until today. In the meantime my mixer has gone to shipping.

I got hold of someone this morning and was told that they were unable to make any changes to my order because it's in shipping. They would, however, give me the difference, $61, as a credit on my account. Good enough. I selected a glass bowl and cover for the mixer at $65.99. They discounted it so the $61 credit would cover the whole thing.

I spent part of yesterday making room for my new mixer in the appliance garage. It should arrive in a couple of days. The first thing I'm going to do is to whip up a small batch of pizza dough to validate my purchase!

Spread the word
      navlys
      Participant

Good story! Hope it works out!

skeptic7
        Participant

I hope you have lots of fun with your mixer! Candy apple red is a cheerful color.,

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Hope you enjoy your mixer Len!

RiversideLen
            Participant

Thanks, everyone.

It arrived late this morning and I immediately washed the bowl and attachments and then set out to make an extra small batch of pizza dough. I used 180 grams of flour (about 6.4 ounces). The total weight of the dough after kneading was 320 grams. It did a good job overall although I had to scrape down the sides of the bowl a few times early on. I'm going to make three lunch time pizzas out of it, each pizza using 107 grams of dough, which is just a little larger than one of my sandwich buns.

I love the color and it's cute. It's a lot more quiet than my Professional 5 Plus. I'm glad I bought it even though it's a little pricey.

kitchenAid

Attachments:
              You must be logged in to view attached files.
              BakerAunt
              Participant

Ah, yes, the test drive!

skeptic7
                Participant

How many KA stand mixers do you have now? You told me you went from a bowl lift model, to a bowl lift model with a wider bowl and a spiral dough hook earlier. Now you have your little Red Apple mixer!. I found that my hand mixer is a Kitchen Aid but that shouldn't count.

How was the pizza?

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

Happy mixing Len, looks nice!

RiversideLen
                    Participant

Skeptic, I have 3 although only two are in service. My original is a white bowl lift "Heavy Duty" model that I bought as a close out at Carson's more than 20 years ago. It still works but I boxed it up and put it in on a basement shelf. My second one is a blue "Professional 5 Plus" that I bought from Chef's Catalog about 11-12 years ago. It's been a work horse and will continue to be so, my only complaint is that it is loud and is a little difficult with the small batch kneading. My Little Red Apple (I like that name!) will of course be a supplement to the larger one, possibly taking the place of the hand mixer in some applications.

The pizza was good!

Joan, thanks. I really do like the color.

This is my first tilt head, I have to remember to lock down the head when using it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.