Sun. Oct 4th, 2026

navlys

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Interesting research article on bread and glycemic index #43600
    navlys
    Participant

      My grandmother would only eat day old bread. She lived to be 85. This was before drugs were keeping people alive. I always freeze my hamburger buns and then toast them for hamburgers . I never knew this was a good thing. I just hate to waste.

      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 11, 2024? #43599
      navlys
      Participant

        I made the orzo and shrimp salad that I posted a while ago. I substituted cilantro for the parsley and added thai basil. Delicious if I say so myself!

        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 4, 2024? #43553
        navlys
        Participant

          I made the panzanella salad and it was ok but not worth all the effort. It involved a lot of cutting and slicing and weighing and measuring and squishing (garlic) and washing of dishes and utensils. Maybe I should have found short cuts. Nyt recipes are always involved!

          in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 4, 2024? #43515
          navlys
          Participant

            I am planning on making a panzanella salad to bring to wine club. Any recommendations on what tomatoes to use?

            in reply to: Green Bean, Cherry Tomato, and Feta Salad #43514
            navlys
            Participant

              This is definitely on my to try list! Thanks.

              in reply to: ThermoWorks wireless probe #43384
              navlys
              Participant

                I've purchased several of their products. I must be off their email list. Does sound interesting.

                in reply to: Bamboo flour #42945
                navlys
                Participant

                  Mike you are really getting into this keto diet. You could probably write a keto cookbook in the future. How long to people stay on this diet? Is it a life time commitment like vegetarianism? You should applauded for your steadfastness.

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of June 2, 2024? #42908
                  navlys
                  Participant

                    Very nice looking pie, Joan. Glad to hear your husband is moving in a positive direction, BA.
                    I have some leftover pork rib meat and I'm thinking of making a cuban pita sandwich by adding some ham, swiss cheese ,pickle pieces and mustard. To be contined....

                    in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 26, 2024? #42855
                    navlys
                    Participant

                      Having chicken stir fry with TJ's curry sauce!

                      in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 26, 2024? #42817
                      navlys
                      Participant

                        Love crispy and pork tenderloin. Must try this.!

                        in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 26, 2024? #42798
                        navlys
                        Participant

                          I grilled "Happy Foods Tube" boneless marinated chicken thighs and served them with roasted potatoes and mixed greens salad with several herbs from my pots. The next night I made chicken sandwiches with the leftover chicken. Will make this recipe again.

                          in reply to: Inflation and Girl Scout Cookies #42777
                          navlys
                          Participant

                            I think the cookie company makes a lot more from the sale of these cookies than the girl scouts do. Whoever came up with this idea was a true business genius IMHO! I don't need the calories nor the guilt for not buying a box. I remember driving my daughter and her friend around knocking on doors. A lot of work on everybody's part.

                            in reply to: Endless Shrimp Did Not Doom Red Lobster #42736
                            navlys
                            Participant

                              I think their biscuits were popular because you see that recipe on the internet.

                              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of May 12, 2024? #42650
                              navlys
                              Participant

                                I have a Breville counter top oven too. I find it interesting that some recipes call for a regular oven vs. a toaster oven. Maybe the different size of toaster oven makes a difference? Any way I love my Breville and use it almost every day.

                                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of May 12, 2024? #42620
                                navlys
                                Participant

                                  I had leftover bruschetta mix so I roasted some chicken and I poured the whole shebang over noodles.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 649 total)