What are you Cooking the Week of December 3, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 3, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No plans yet here, how about there?

Spread the word
      rottiedogs
      Participant

Detroit pizza for us tonight. The dough is mixing as I'm writing this. It is 2hr rise then a 30 minute rest before it can go in the oven. Plenty of time to dice up the cheese!

chocomouse
        Participant

I made Duchess Soup, which we had with the semolina-rye-wheat rolls I baked yesterday.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We finished up the spaghetti sauce casserole (faux lasagna). We are now waiting patiently for the dessert to cool enough to eat. (I'll post more about it on the baking thread.)

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had egg salad sandwiches.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Hey Y'all I've been keeping up with everyone since I got back home just been silent.I had a wonderful time in Texas with my family son and grandchildren , ex daughter in law & still I'll call her my daughter.Everything was wonderful except the traffic.Dang I'm so glad we live in a much slower paced place.My son took me to see the SouthFork Ranch where parts of Dallas was shot.I enjoyed that and lots of sight seeing.Had some of the best BBQ ever -Hutchins BBQ and had what was a Texas twinkie which was a big jalapeno pepper stuffed with cream cheese and smoked brisket then wrapped in bacon and smoked, had a great Ruben from the Ramble Room. Our Thanksgiving was wonderful, son fried a turkey and we had lots of sides.All the grandchildren were there and I got to spend lots of time with them.After 10 days I was glad to be back home and my little doggy missed me and I missed her.Thankful for my sister-in- law that lives by me to take care of her, she came up 3 or 4 times a day to feed her and let her run in the yard.That's enough of me now ๐Ÿ™‚
                BakerAunt I hope your dog is doing well now with the surgery.

I had stewed squash and onions tonight with sliced tomatoes,cottage cheese and I made more cucumber refrigerator pickles so that was a side too.
                Good to be home!

I've been trying to up my protein I saw a Tik Tok about adding cottage cheese to eggs and scrambled together.It's great I do like 2 eggs and a big spoonful like 1/3 cup of cottage cheese and it tastes really good,makes the eggs fluffy and very filling.Sometimes I add in cheese also.

cwcdesign
                Participant

Welcome back Joan - sounds like a wonderful trip!

I made Roasted Sausage, Peppers & Onions from the Barefoot Contessa Modern Comfort Food Book for dinner tonight. The flavors were really nice and it wasn't a heavy dish. She served it over polenta, but we had it over Italian red rice baked the way we cook our brown rice. This came from our new Italian food vendor for the store. The red rice is unrefined so it has a nice "chew" like farro can have some times. We are really enjoying it.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

Joan, all that Texas food sounds wonderful! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

I made some chicken meatballs today and froze some of them. For dinner I had a chicken meatball sandwich and peas.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

Thank you all for your kind words.Tonight I got a Chicken pot pie from Kentucky Fried Chicken it was OK ,not as good as homemade but in a pinch it'll do.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We're having a lavosh pizza tonight, with tomatoes, mushrooms, artichokes and 3 kinds of cheese.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Welcome back, Joan! I'm glad you had a good time in Texas. Like you, however, I cannot imagine living in a place with so much traffic.

I made yogurt on Monday.

For dinner, I roasted another sweet potato cut into chunks. My husband pan-cooked some pork. We also had microwaved fresh broccoli.

navlys
                          Participant

We had crab cakes with sweet potato fries and coleslaw. I used cilantro in my cakes instead of parsley. I made the Old Bay seasoning from a recipe on the internet. I really really like cilantro and feel bad for those who can't like it.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

I had smoked pulled pork BBQ and coleslaw.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

I made chicken salad for dinner on Tuesday, using the meat left over from a previous dinner. We had it on slices of the bread I baked last night, with microwaved fresh broccoli on the side.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We're having frozen breaded fish fillets for supper.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.