What are you Cooking the Week of December 17, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 17, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Time to start planning those holiday meals.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Christmas dinner will be a spiral sliced ham, pineapple rings, cheesy scalloped potatoes, fresh green beans, peas (for those few who only eat DelMonte green beans out of a can!), broccoli salad, and either garlic knots, or onion-wild rice rolls or ??? Dessert will be a couple of cookie trays for after the sharing of gifts. We'll have both children and five grandchildren with spouses/significant others.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I had leftover steak and potato with cucumber salad.

Mike Happy late Birthday to Diane.

BakerAunt
          Participant

I made yogurt on Sunday.

For Sunday dinner, I made Turkey, Mushroom, and Spinach Lasagna. We have enough for two more dinners. We had applesauce on the side.

I know that Christmas dinner will involve ham, applesauce, and pumpkin pie. I need to think about the sides.

cwcdesign
            Participant

I will make our tenderloin on Christmas Eve with bearnaise, roasted potatoes and whatever green vegetable on sale looks the best - have no idea about dessert or Christmas brunch at this point.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I made a spatchcock chicken this afternoon. I roasted it on a bed on celery, carrots and onion with a little water so I have enough juices to make gravy. I cut the wing tips off and put those in the bottom of the pan as well as the back to help flavor the pan juices.

Dinner will be chicken, rice and brussels sprouts.

chicken

The chicken is seasoned with a little salt and thyme.

Attachments:
                You must be logged in to view attached files.
                BakerAunt
                Participant

The chicken looks great, Len!

A couple of my butternut squashes needed to be used, so I roasted them on Monday, then made Curried Butternut Squash Soup, which I had for lunch. I froze three individual servings for future lunches and refrigerated enough for the next two days.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tomato soup and cheese sandwiches tonight.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

The chicken looks wonderful Len.Tonight I had Stewed squash, Caesar salad and cucumber salad.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We're leaning towards doing a ham for Christmas this year, probably a spiral sliced one that has been marinated in Dr. Pepper for 24 hours.

navlys
                        Participant

I made Eating Well's chicken with sundried tomato sauce. The sauce was good but the thin chicken cutlets I used turned out like rubber. So we had sauced rubber...and rice.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

I had Boneless Buffalo chicken strips with a Caesar salad.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had baked fish with baked potato and butternut squash.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We ate the rest of the Turkey, Spinach, Mushroom lasagna.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I roasted three bone-in chicken breasts. I roasted some cubes of honey nut squash separately (lower temperature). Those honey nuts came from our garden and have been awaiting use. We also had microwaved frozen peas and carrots. We have leftover chicken to use in at least two more meals.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.