What are you Cooking the Week of January 14, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 14, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

For dinner on Wednesday, I made my lighter version of my mom's hamburger stroganoff, which we had over a mixture of brown and wild rice. We also had microwaved frozen peas and carrots.

Our temperatures here have remained below freezing, and the lake has frozen. Some ice fishermen were out today. At least the temperatures are no longer in the single digits. It soared to 21 F today!

chocomouse
      Participant

We had leftover lasagna from the freezer, with a green salad, no cooking just re-heating.

RiversideLen
        Participant

Yesterday I made a grilled smoked cheddar with fried bologna on the last of my braided bread. I used walnut oil instead of butter (I usually use walnut or olive oil). It looked pretty good but in fact it was a little bland.

grilled

For dinner I had pork loin chop and red cabbage. Tonight's dinner will be pork loin chop, pasta and carrots.

Attachments:
          You must be logged in to view attached files.
          Joan Simpson
          Participant

It's eye appealing Len.

Tonight I had a hamburger steak with sauteed mushrooms and onions and a salad.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

We had hot dogs tonight, done under the broiler, with assorted toppings. Not quite Chicago dogs, but as good as we're gonna get here.

BakerAunt
              Participant

We had leftover pizza.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

I'm roasting a bunch of chicken leg quarters then will make stock with the bones, not sure what I'll do with the meat, maybe chicken salad.

Once I've got stock made, I plan to use it for potato leek soup for supper tonight.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

No supper for me.My friends came today and we went shopping and had a Mexican lunch and topped it off with a dipped cone from Dairy Queen before we went home.I'm stuffed but good stuffed

BakerAunt
                    Participant

We had leftover hamburger stroganoff over leftover brown and wild rice. We also microwaved some frozen peas and carrots.

navlys
                      Participant

We had leftover lasagna from a popular Italian market that makes meals to go. It was very good!

Joan Simpson
                        Participant

I cooked a pot of venison chili and had a hot dog with it.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

We had baked pork chops in orange juice and brown sugar again. This time with boneless chops.

We had broccoli to go with it, and a little fresh bread.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I roasted a whole chicken for Saturday's dinner. I also roasted our last two honey nut squashes, one large and one quite small, after cubing the peeled squash and tossing in olive oil. We had microwaved fresh broccoli as well. It was -3 F this morning and the temperature stayed in the mid-teens, much to the delight of the ice fishermen and the ice boaters on the lake. It was a good day for roasting a chicken.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We had haddock, wild rice, and broccoli.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

Yesterday I ground up pork loin chops, sprinkled with fennel seeds, a little salt and oregano. Also a couple of carrots. I made meatballs with it, they taste a little like Italian sausage. I sliced a couple of them and put it on a pizza. I was a little concerned that the loin chops might be too lean but they are fine.

I'm getting my use out of the grinder attachment for the KA.

IMG_2152

IMG_2153

Attachments:
                                  You must be logged in to view attached files.
                                Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.