What are you Cooking the Week of November 12, 2023?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 12, 2023?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I'm doing a pot roast for supper tonight.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I'm having leftovers. Black eyed peas, Squash, sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had the leftover chicken casserole from last week. I picked spinach from the deck planter and made a salad with store-bought cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, and onion. I think we can get one more meal of spinach. The snow from last Thursday's storm has finally melted.

BakerAunt
          Participant

We had leftover beef stew. The flavor has improved overnight--as is true of all stews--but we still agree that I will go back to my standard recipe that uses red wine instead of cider and different spices.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

Tonight's pot roast was good, but not as good as the one two weeks ago, this was a leaner piece of meat, and having less fat made a big difference. (It is nearly impossible to find bone-in 7 bone roasts anymore.)

cwcdesign
              Participant

I had plans to sauté apple and onions to go with sausage, but when it was closer to dinner time, I decided to make a turkey and cheddar sandwich on toast from today's bread. It was really good.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

I had grilled chicken Caesar salad, cucumber salad and pumpkin pie.

Mike that 7 bone roast was what I always bought and haven't seen one in years.

chocomouse
                  Participant

We had ham and cheese omelets with English muffins for dinner.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made roasted bone-in chicken breasts, which we had with leftover roasted potatoes and microwaved fresh broccoli.

I also made yogurt today.

Mike Nolan
                      Keymaster

We had waffles tonight, with the apple scrap jelly that didn't gel as syrup. Pretty good.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

Tonight I had my sautéed apples, onions and sausage. I enjoyed it as it was not too heavy or sweet. I had looked at a couple of recipes, more for timing, several used brown sugar, but the one that appealed to me had thyme and no added sugar - the balance was just right

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Tonight I had a baked potato, Caesar salad and made a pan of sauteed mushrooms and onions, yummy.

chocomouse
                            Participant

We had Cottage (aka Shepherd's Pie) Pie for dinner -- made with corn, ground beef, and mashed potato with garlic. Technically, when made with lamb instead of beef, it is Shepherd's Pie.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

We had leftover beef stew for dinner.

I made another frittata for lunch on Tuesday, so that I could use up some roasted potato chunks that were not enough for another meal. I also used red onion, the two little green bell peppers we picked before the freeze, some sliced mushrooms, some kale, and the rest of a container of feta. I used three eggs this time but probably could have used a fourth. I really like that ceramic frying pan, as it makes it easy to invert the frittata onto a plate, then slice back into the frying pan. (Note: I will use a bit of non-stick spray on the plate next time, so that it slides back more easily.) I saved the leftover frittata to warm up for lunch tomorrow.

I also made chicken broth today, using the bones from last night's chicken breasts and from a previous time that I had frozen.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

We had mac and cheese today instead of yesterday.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.