RiversideLen
Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
I had a chicken sandwich, baked sweet potato and steamed red cabbage.
This afternoon I deboned the chicken I made yesterday and took chicken bones I had in the freezer and made some chicken stock.
I roasted a chicken today. Had it with some pasta as I had some leftover homemade tomato sauce to use up and cauliflower.
I had made some pizza dough last week, equal parts of semolina, durum, whole wheat and AP. I used the last of it for tonight's pizza (Italian sausage, onion, green pepper). I was able to roll out the dough very thin.
I buy the Vietnamese cinnamon from KAF or The Spice House. I think it has very nice flavor.
I made pork chops and a baked sweet potato.
BA, the chicken was 4 pounds but I'm sure any size would work, just have to adjust the cook time. The only thing about cooking the chicken in a covered Dutch oven is the skin won't get crisp but you can crisp it up under the broiler as I did with the leftovers. I saw some youtube videos where they would roast the chicken covered for about an hour and 15 minutes and then uncover it for 30 more but when I checked it after an hour 15 or 20 minutes it was done. But that was OK, it gave me some real nice very gelatinous broth and a tender and moist chicken. I started it in a cold oven and brought it up to 400 degrees. And I agree, this will help to keep your oven clean.
BA, I bought a number of copper core All-Clad pieces about 20 years ago, so I know the prices and agree that you got a good deal. I got deals on mine, the salesman told me to not to buy it that day but to come back on Friday and I would get extra off the already sale prices. I think my total savings was more than 40% but I still spent a small fortune. It's good stuff and should last a lifetime.
Tonight I had the last of the leftover chicken, made white rice, broccoli and carrots. Also made a gravy out of the remaining pan juices, that was really tasty.
It's going to be leftover chicken, maybe with a side of pasta, not sure yet.
I'm working on a batch of rye/semolina/wheat buns.
I roasted a chicken in the Dutch oven. I put down a layer of celery, onion, carrots and garlic and then the chicken on top and added a cup of white wine. I seasoned the chicken with herbes de Provence, thyme, salt and pepper and roasted it covered at 400f. It was done in less than an hour and a half. The broth is really tasty but a tad sweet. I think I'm going to leave the broth natural and have it with brown rice.
I baked a batch of my rye/semolina rolls with sesame seeds.
Your lentil soup sounds delicious, BA.
I had leftover chicken stew with brown rice.
I made chicken and Italian sausage stew in my Dutch oven. It's pretty simple but the sausage perks it up, it came out real good.
September 30, 2021 at 8:57 pm in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of September 26, 2021? #31607I made a chicken patty melt on rye, had it with butternut soup and a small salad.
Interesting. It reminds me of a stiff pancake batter.
-
AuthorPosts