What are you Cooking the Week of December 5, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of December 5, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Too early to be thinking of dinner plans here.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

No thinking needed here! We're having leftover beef stroganoff and green salad.

cwcdesign
        Participant

I made turkey stock today for soup tomorrow. It’s in the fridge now so I can remove the fat tomorrow.

Tonight I’m going to bake risotto from a package we carry in our store - it was in a gift basket the team gave me when I broke my wrist last January. We’re going to have chicken sausage and green beans with it.

BakerAunt
          Participant

No thinking is needed here either: we are having leftover pizza, along with spinach salad with cherry tomatoes and fresh organically grown broccoli from yesterday's farmer's market.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried pork chops,mustard and turnip greens with turnip roots, potato salad and corn bread.

Italiancook
              Participant

Mike's comment about it being too early for dinner plans reminded me of my grandmother. No matter the day, she started planning lunch and dinner as soon as the breakfast dishes were washed. Maybe she did this, because she worked a night shift at the hospital.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We wound up having leftovers for supper, plus some of the sweet potato pie.

Joan Simpson
                  Participant

We had leftover soup and sandwich.

BakerAunt
                    Participant

For dinner on Monday, I made that skillet Chicken Thighs with Broccoli and Orzo (based on a NYT recipe and readers’ suggestions for improvement). It was all the better for the organic broccoli I found at the farmers’ market last Saturday. We have enough left for dinner tomorrow.

cwcdesign
                      Participant

I made my turkey soup for dinner tonight. We’ll have a couple of quarts to put in the freezer. Will baked fresh bread this morning which was a nice go with.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had cheesesteak on a bun.

RiversideLen
                          Participant

I took some turkey out of the freezer and had it with cauliflower and pasta.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

Tonight we had BBQ chicken in the pot with BBQ gravy over mashed potatoes and leftover green butter beans.

chocomouse
                              Participant

We had leftovers -- seafood casserole on rice.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

No cooking here today just leftover soup and sandwich.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.