What are You Cooking the Week of November 14, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of November 14, 2021?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    navlys
    Participant

I made" Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs with Carrots and Broccoli" from Eating Well. I really like the recipes from that site. I did add more salt than called for.

RiversideLen
      Participant

Made pork loin chops, broccoli, linguine and a baked apple.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

We had leftover chili over a hotdog with cheese and onion,yummy!

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We finished off the 2nd container of chili. There's a third one in the freezer for later.

BakerAunt
            Participant

I made a stir-fry for dinner on Thursday, using the leftover pork that my husband pan-cooked for dinner last night. I did not get deglazing liquid from it, only fat, but I had some deglazing from previous pork cooking and used it. I combined carrots, celery, a red and a yellow long pepper that came from our garden, green onion from the farmers’ market, broccoli, and soba noodles with the pork. We have enough for dinner tomorrow.

chocomouse
              Participant

I had a green salad and my husband had a hot dog and home-baked beans.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

We had hamburger steaks,baked potatoes and lettuce and tomato salad stirred up with mayonnaise.

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

We had tomato soup for supper, mine with fried cheese sandwiches, hers with cheddar cheese in the soup.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

We had steamed cabbage with smoked sausage cut up in it and macaroni and cheese.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

For dinner on Saturday night, we had roasted sweet potato cubes, breaded chicken breast, and microwaved fresh broccoli, which came from the organic growers at the Farmers’ Market this morning. For the chicken breast, I toasted the Panko at 375F for 7 minutes before using it to coat the chicken. I started the sweet potatoes 30 minutes early, at 375F, then stirred them on the sheet, before returning them to the oven and adding the separate baking sheet with the chicken breast. Next time, I will roast the sweet potato cubes at 350F, as they were a bit blackened on the bottom, although still tasty. We also had the last of the applesauce I made last week.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

We're having some chicken noodle soup from the freezer and a salad.

chocomouse
                          Participant

We had burgers on the grill and fries.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.