What are You Cooking the Week of November 14, 2021?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are You Cooking the Week of November 14, 2021?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BakerAunt
    Participant

We still have roasted chicken thighs, but for tonight, the first day of the new week, we will have Salmon and Couscous with Greek seasoning and microwaved frozen peas.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I made a pot of venison chili,good on this cool day and enough for another meal.

Mike Nolan
        Keymaster

we had leftover chili for supper, it gets better on day 3, too.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I had a boneless chicken breast that I baked in pasta sauce. Bow tie pasta and broccoli and cauliflower.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

We had fried pork chops,leftover rice and tomato gravy,creamed corn and white acre peas.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

We picked up a rotisserie chicken at WalMart and just about finished it off. The legs and thighs were tiny.

I've heard that both WalMart and Costco have been telling their chicken suppliers to make them smaller to help keep the cost down, as it cuts out a week or so of feeding them.

The last time we picked up fried chicken at Popeyes the legs and thighs were pretty small, too.

RiversideLen
                Participant

Last night I braised a couple of boneless chicken breasts. Made brown rice in the oven in a mini Dutch. It comes out really nice that way. Tonight will be leftovers.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Last night we had boneless chicken thighs, roasted brussels sprouts drizzled with oil and maple syrup, and mashed potatoes.

Tonight, we had leftover pizza stuffed spaghetti squash.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

I like to add just a little Dijon mustard to Brussels sprouts, I think it cuts the sweetness of the maple syrup.

I made a chicken thighs with sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, apples and onions dish a few weeks ago, I'm going to make it without the chicken as a side dish for Thanksgiving. I think it'll be an improvement over the traditional sweet potatoes topped with marshmallow. (I saw a recipe for sweet potato s'mores pie the other day, graham cracker crust, sweet potato pie filling, topped with chocolate ganache and marshmallows. Now that's almost tempting.)

BakerAunt
                      Participant

I made yogurt on Monday.

On Tuesday, I roasted the large peanut pumpkin that I bought early in October. It was so large that I could roast only a half at a time, and each half took two hours. However, it made lovely pumpkin puree, which I have put into 2-cup and 1-cup containers to freeze. I particularly like the peanut pumpkin in cakes and quick breads.

To go with the last of the roasted chicken thighs for dinner on Tuesday, I cooked some mushroom noodles from Aldi’s and made a sauce using sliced mushrooms sauteed in olive oil, then combined with some flour, low-fat evaporated milk, fresh parsley, and a bit of freshly ground pepper. We also had microwaved frozen peas.

cwcdesign
                        Participant

On Monday, I made a pasta dish with a triple lemon sauce - zest of two lemons, 1 cut in quarters, seared in the pan and then the juice squeezed. It was a nice light sauce with cream and pasta water. I added spinach. The pasta was from the market where I work - it was pricey and really delicious The shape/flavor is called Nastri - long ribbons in different colors - pretty on the plate too.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

Cwcdesign your pasta dish sounds good.

Last night my husband fixed himself some canned soup and sandwich.I ate later on not feeling good but not sick.Tonight we had fried chicken,mashed potatoes and cooked carrots.

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We're having fish with broccoli tonight.

BakerAunt
                              Participant

My husband pan-cooked boneless pork ribs tonight, which we had with the leftover noodles with mushroom sauce, some microwaved frozen peas, and some of the applesauce I made last week.

chocomouse
                                Participant

I made sliced kielbase, potatoes, onions, and cabbage for dinner.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.