Mon. Sep 28th, 2026

RiversideLen

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 2,649 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Red Onion and Salmonella Alert #26014
    RiversideLen
    Participant

      It's not just red onions, it's all onions that came from that producer. Here's additional information about it, Onion Recall

      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25987
      RiversideLen
      Participant

        I made my usual sandwich buns today and will bake a pizza for dinner.

        in reply to: Covid-19 Discussions and Stories #25986
        RiversideLen
        Participant

          Sorry for your loss, cwcdesign. These things are never easy to deal with but it must be even more stressful now.

          in reply to: Daily Quiz for August 6, 2020 #25977
          RiversideLen
          Participant

            Not a subject I've given any thought to, but I guessed right.

            in reply to: Daily Quiz for August 4, 2020 #25963
            RiversideLen
            Participant

              I guessed right.

              in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25954
              RiversideLen
              Participant

                I baked a pizza with pesto as the sauce. Topped it with olives, red onion, sausage, mushroom and red bell pepper.

                in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of August 2, 2020? #25953
                RiversideLen
                Participant

                  I made pesto to use on a pizza. I have a boatload of basil and wanted to find some use for it.

                  in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 19, 2020? #25692
                  RiversideLen
                  Participant

                    I had the lid closed the entire time except to rotate it. Next time I think I won't rotate it.

                    in reply to: Daily Quiz for July 22, 2020 #25691
                    RiversideLen
                    Participant

                      I guessed and got it.

                      in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 19, 2020? #25676
                      RiversideLen
                      Participant

                        The night before I made the dough in my food processor using 50 grams each of semolina and whole wheat and 125 grams of KA AP, a tsp of sugar, 1/2 tsp of yeast (I could have cut that in half) 1/4 tsp of salt and 150 grams of ice water and a scant tbsp of olive oil. The dough was slightly sticky and very easy to work with. The next day I preheated my grill with coals in the highest position. I stretched the dough out by hand, absolutely no snap back, on an oil pizza pan. Sauced it, then put parm and mozzarella on it and took it to the grill. I rotated the pan every 4 minutes and about 8 minutes in I could smell some burn so I checked the bottom crust, and it was burning some. Then I lowered the coals one notch and continued for 4 more minutes for a total of 12 minutes on the grill.

                        IMG_0872

                        I took the pizza inside and not satisfied with the top I placed it under the broiler for a minute or two.

                        61698245561__736CB658-D246-4A84-BE82-6D21D5ED9EBF

                        As you can see, the top crust remained pale but it was done and had a little crunch to it. The topping was not quite as dark as the pic shows. I sliced wedges and examined the bottom, there was moderate burning. I have a tolerance for some burn so I ate some. It tasted good.

                        What I have learned, I need to have the coals to a lower position or use an indirect heat method. If I do this again I will lower the coals 2 notches and see how that works.

                        Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        in reply to: Changes at King Arthur Flour #25675
                        RiversideLen
                        Participant

                          As long as their flour products remain the same, I'm OK with it.

                          in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 19, 2020? #25633
                          RiversideLen
                          Participant

                            Thanks, Rottie and Aaron, I see there are many ways this could be done. What I'm thinking about is starting the pizza on a thin metal pizza pan and as the cheese is close to the way I like it, I'll check the bottom of the crust, if it's too pale then I'll slide it off the pan and let it finish over the coals. This is going to be a plain cheese pizza in case I mess it up, I won't have wasted other ingredients.

                            in reply to: What are you Baking the Week of July 19, 2020? #25629
                            RiversideLen
                            Participant

                              I want to bake a pizza on my charcoal bbq grill. I haven't done this before, does anyone have any advice?

                              in reply to: What are you Cooking the Week of July 19, 2020? #25617
                              RiversideLen
                              Participant

                                Same as yesterday, a large salad and a roast pork sandwich.

                                in reply to: What are You Baking the Week of July 12, 2020? #25609
                                RiversideLen
                                Participant

                                  I really didn't want to turn on the oven again last night but my yearning for a chocolate cake got the better of me.

                                Viewing 15 posts - 1,486 through 1,500 (of 2,649 total)