What are you Cooking the week of July 5, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the week of July 5, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

We had hamburger steaks with a baked potato.

navlys
      Participant

I made turkey tenderloin with onions and peppers and zucchini (instead of carrots) from Spoonful of Flavor blog. Tasted good and healthy.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Your dinner sounds delicious, Navlys.

Joan Simpson
          Participant

I agree with BakerAunt Navlys.

Today we had taco burgers and french fries.

cwcdesign
            Participant

We’re having leftovers from the last 2 nights - tuna and chickpea salad 2 nights ago and pasta with homemade pesto - basil from the garden, roasted eggplant from the garden and tonight’s new addition is cherry tomatoes from the garden - that’s about all we have growing right now.

Mike Nolan
              Keymaster

I think we're having salami and tomato sandwiches tonight and probably some of the melon, since we only ate half of it last night.

BakerAunt
                Participant

We had leftover stir-fry.

RiversideLen
                  Participant

I had leftover pork, microwaved frozen mac and cheese and broccoli. Easy and good.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I fried a boneless chicken breast,potato salad and leftover dry lima beans.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Friday night’s dinner was salmon and couscous, using Penzey’s Mural of Flavor as the seasoning. We also had microwaved green beans from our garden.

chocomouse
                        Participant

We had grilled salmon, potatoes roasted with olive oil and an assortment of herbs snipped on the deck, and beet greens also grown in a planter on the deck. We're still in a heat wave here, 94* today, but rain should move in around midnight and if you believe the weather forecast, it looks like it might rain for the next three days!

cwcdesign
                          Participant

Seeing chocomouse had grilled salmon, I completely forgot the we had salmon with the original basil pasta and eggplant - the tuna was the night before - life is a blur

Last night I made 30 minute butter chicken meatballs with Alton Browns bak3d brown rice and cherry tomatoes from the garden - all we have for tomatoes right now

chocomouse
                            Participant

Lots of salmon meals last night! My favorite fish.

cwcdesign
                              Participant

And our Market gets ours from the Faroe Islands - really good.

Had a customer come in and asked if our salmon was organic - no, it’s farmed and was it grass fed. I really didn’t know how to answer that politely, but it keeps giving us all a good laugh

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Wonder if they ever figured out that salmon are predators? My wife won't eat salmon, but I like it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.