What are you Cooking the Week of June 28, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking โ€” (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of June 28, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    Joan Simpson
    Participant

Yes Mike we eat early,since being retired we eat at 4:00,and around 7-8 we have a snack of a bowl of cereal or my husband has cookies and milk.

BakerAunt
      Participant

Dinner here is usually around 6 to 6:30 p.m.

RiversideLen
        Participant

When you are retired everyday is a Saturday and every evening is a friday. Tonight I made another stir fry this time I had it with noodles.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had take-out tonight, neither one of us felt like cooking.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Hamburger steaks with sauteed onions and fries.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I'm making my lightened up version of my Mom's hamburger stroganoff (with Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup--the only time I use it), which we will have over brown and mixed rice, which I've started in the rice cooker. We will have a salad, using lettuce from our garden. ๐Ÿ™‚

cwcdesign
                Participant

I was so exhausted from wrk n Wednesday, that Will cut up a sheet a full pan of veggies including a couple of Japanese eggplants from our garden. Then I baked them and cooked pasta, so hot dinner that night and then we had it as pasta salad last night.

Tonight I made some chicken salad and I brought home a baguette from work - no time for baking right now

Mike Nolan
                  Keymaster

I made some hard boiled eggs, my wife had 2 of them over toast, I used one to make some tuna salad and had that on a tomato. I'll use the rest of the hard boiled eggs in some potato salad for tomorrow. It's best if it sits overnight anyway.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I'm making an Italian sausage and sauteed mushrooms. Will have it with a simple salad of lettuce, tomato and cucumber.

chocomouse
                      Participant

We had brats on split sandwich thins, with red onions and refrigerator pickles I made last week.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

I made a big bowl of potato salad, using some of the celery vinegar and the carrot vinegar.

chocomouse
                          Participant

This morning while it was still cool I made salads for dinner -- broccoli, seafood, and a farfelle with spinach, black olives, red onions, Feta and Ranch dressing, and mixed greens with cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and maple vinaigrette.

Joan Simpson
                            Participant

We had taco salad today.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

The steak was disappointing, I think it had been in the freezer too long, I'm throwing the rest of it out.

I keep thinking there's an ingredient missing from my mother's oil-and-vinegar potato salad, but I'm not sure what it is.

It has potatoes, salt, pepper, vinegar, oil, celery, celery seed, onion, and chopped eggs. I don't think it had any mustard in it, that's an ingredient in some oil and vinegar potato salads.

BakerAunt
                                Participant

The great-grandmother recipe in my family did include mustard, but I don't think it used vinegar. It was also mashed potatoes and had some chopped lettuce mixed in.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.