What are you Cooking the Week of November 29, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 29, 2020?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I made the Roll-Up Chicken Lasagna from delish tonight, subbing turkey for the chicken. It was delish! But, of course, making the alfredo sauce from scratch is very time consuming, although it was very good. I'm always tempted to just buy a jar of sauce.

Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

The original alfredo sauce was just melted parmesan cheese, that's REALLY a slow process. Adding cream speeds things up quite a bit and probably lowers the cost a lot, too. (Adding garlic to an alfredo sauce should be
        against the law.)

RiversideLen
        Participant

Joan, deviled eggs sound good, I haven't had those in a long time.

I made roasted salmon, fresh green beans and whipped sweet potato. The sweet potato was especially good. Have enough of those left for a couple of days.

cwcdesign
          Participant

On Thursday, I made Ina's tomato soup from Foolproof. Only changes were Italian Herbs instead of saffron and I could not see adding orzo to tomato soup. I also added a pinch of sugar to cut the acidity of the canned tomatoes. It's really good and fast. We had it for two nights with the Maple Oat Soda Bread and have a pint in the freezer.

Last night I made a hamburger noodle bake from Southern Living. It was good, but a little bland - there was not enough of the cheese mixture to toss with the noodles (it called for sour cream and I used whole milk yogurt). We'll have that for leftovers tonight.

skeptic7
            Participant

BakerAunt;
              I remember the Butternut Squash, Kale and Cheese tart from last year and the original recipe too. Did you use red onions? Thats a special purchase for me, I normally have only yellow onions on hand. I don't have good luck prebaking crusts, I find it very messy and apt to break.

BakerAunt
              Participant

Skeptic--I was able to get a red onion at the farmers' market a while back, so I did indeed use part of it. I probably could have used more. It's hard to know what "a small red onion" means in terms of quantity.

The oil crust recipe, from the 200th KAF Anniversary baking book was my starting point for the oil crust that I developed. I found that instead of pressing it into the dish, I could indeed roll it out, immediately after mixing, then fit it into the dish. I refrigerate it for an hour, then line it, fill with dried beans, and pre-bake. I do not recall if I posted my partly whole wheat pastry flour oil crust here. I'll have to look.

rottiedogs
                Participant

Italian Cook I was able to find several places that had the recipe. The first one is from an Oregon newspaper article, the second is from a blog. The third is a link within that blog recipe that takes you directly to ATK recipe site. The recipe was not behind a paywall for me. I copied and pasted it into a word document that I will be happy to send you if the links don't work.

https://recipes.oregonlive.com/recipes/turkey-breast-en-cocotte-with-pan-gravy

http://www.frasertan.com/turkey-breast-en-cocotte.html

https://www.americastestkitchen.com/recipes/5279-turkey-breast-en-cocotte-with-pan-gravy?sqn=CAPdxese8Ps83U7nDwFfqefS6rUMoSSqVNOOCBjAVXo%3D&extcode=NSAKB09FB&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=photo&utm_content=turkeyencocotte&utm_campaign=atkseason18#

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.