Cinnamon chip scones

Home Forums Recipes Cinnamon chip scones

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kimbob
    Participant

From 2003 Tastes for All Seasons
      Rhinebeck Reformed Church

2 c flour
      2 tsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp baking soda, sieved
      1/2 tsp salt
      2 Tbsp sugar
      1 stick butter
      1 c King Arthur cinnamon chips
      1 egg, separated
      1 tsp vanilla
      3/4 c buttermilk

In large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cinnamon chips. In smaller bowl, combine egg yolk, vanilla and buttermilk. Add mixture to large bowl until combined. Turn dough out and knead 6 to 10 turns. Divide dough in half and pat each half into a 6 to 7-inch circle. Cut each circle into 6 wedges. Brush each circle with egg white. Dust with sugar. (I separated the wedges)

Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375 degrees for 18 to 22 minutes until golden brown. Cool 5 minutes, then cover loosely with dish towel until completely cool.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Thanks Kimbob!! I just copied it and plan to make them next week! I guess this came from Rhinebeck New York? a church cookbook? I used to collect cookbooks from church groups, ladies groups, etc. And I visit Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool every fall.

kimbob
        Participant

Yep, Rhinebeck, NY which is 15 minutes from me. They're really good!

kimbob
          Participant

Did you go to the sheep and wool last year? I didn't go. I've got such a huge stash!! 😂

chocomouse
            Participant

Kimbob, I didn't know where you live! Yes, I go to NY Sheep and Wool every year! My sister is a vendor; she hand-dyes fine wools, and we travel to festivals across the US. We should meet up there next October! We'll be in our usual spot, Barn 26, Ellen's Halfpint Farm.

kimbob
              Participant

Great! I'm in Hyde Park, NY. Mom is in a nursing home in Rhinebeck and I'm there 5 x a week.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.