What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of April 7, 2024?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I usually have a couple of cans of tomato paste on hand. If I don't use the whole can I'll use a small cookie scoop to portion the remaining into a plastic container and then freeze it.

Last night I had leftovers with mashed potatoes. For the potatoes, I simmered them in milk rather than water, I had a container of milk that I wanted to use up (I don't drink milk, I just use it for cooking/baking). Cooking potatoes in milk presents a couple of challenges, you have to watch it like a hawk to prevent spill overs and it can scorch the bottom of the pot. On the plus side, they taste better. I seasoned it with a pat of butter, parmesan cheese and black pepper.

BakerAunt
      Participant

We had the rest of the Turkey, Spinach, and Mushroom lasagna for dinner on Friday.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I went to my friends today and her daughter cooked us supper on the black stone griddle. We had chicken bites, steak bites and potatoes with peppers and onions and a side of mushrooms. I baked another coconut pie to take for dessert.

Len one night I was making oyster stew for my husband and I was puzzling at the table, the next thing I knew half of the milk for the stew had ran over on my stove top and was running off the counter. dang it I was mad at myself and had a mess to clean up ..yep I know all about the milk boiling over.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had mozzarella crust pizzas again tonight, this time with some red bell pepper slices on them. We've been going through pizza withdrawal on the keto diet, these hit the spot.

RiversideLen
            Participant

I had pork chops, brussle sprouts, and leftover mashed potato.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.