6 week refrigerator Banana Nut Muffin ????????

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls 6 week refrigerator Banana Nut Muffin ????????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    TenOC
    Participant

I have been using the six-week refrigerator bran muffin recipe for years. Now I have fell in love with banana nut muffins. How should I modify a Banana Nut muffin recipe so I can store it in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks?

Spread the word
      Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Mike Nolan
      Keymaster

I don't think I've ever seen the equivalent of the 6 week bran muffin recipe for banana muffins.

(These days most experts recommend against the 6 week bran muffin recipe because it can grow bacteria in the refrigerator.)

That having been said, I think the biggest challenge would be the bananas, I think they would start to turn a bit funky. It might be possible to mix up everything except the bananas and just add them in when you want to make a batch of banana muffins. The nuts might soften up over time, too.

Banana muffins freeze very well, before I went on the keto diet I was making as many as 120 mini-muffins at a time and freezing them in small bags of 2 or 3. My wife would grab a bag out of the freezer, stick it in her lunch bag and have them during the day. (They're pretty good if they're still a bit frozen, too.)

I haven't found a good recipe for keto banana muffins, bananas are not a low-carb food. I did find one that used banana extract, but we didn't like them. I might try it again some time using less of the extract, so that it has just a hint of banana flavor, not BANANA!!! (Putting in only a small amount of banana might work, too.)

I've been playing around with recipes for keto-friendly blueberry muffins. (3 or 4 blueberries in a mini-muffin only add about 5 carbs.) They seem to freeze well, too.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I always felt that the bran broke down too much in those long-term muffin recipes, so I did not use them.

I prefer to bake the muffins, let them cool, then wrap them individually in saran and bag them. I usually take one out the night before and leave it wrapped on the counter to have for breakfast.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.