What are you Cooking the Week of November 29, 2020?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of November 29, 2020?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    RiversideLen
    Participant

I made chicken burgers. I took a pound of ground chicken, added a 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs, enough chicken stock to hydrate them, an egg and some seasonings and mixed it together. Ground chicken made into burgers or meatballs can get dry for me because I cook them to about 200 degrees, so adding the hydrated bread crumbs makes a big difference. I baked them in the oven and had one for dinner along with chicken veg soup. The burger came out real nice.

chocomouse
      Participant

I bet those burgers are better than the one I had last night!! But we ate ours with candied carrots and broccoli.

BakerAunt
        Participant

Chocomouse--Have you ever had issues with queen squash that are bitter?

Joan Simpson
          Participant

Yes I agree Lens chicken burgers sounds so good.

Last night I made taco salad, tonight we had the last of the turkey in a pot pie and a green salad with the left over taco salad fixings.

chocomouse
            Participant

BakerAunt, I've never had a bitter squash; actually, never heard of any such thing. Some squash are sweeter than others, but never bitter. Queen is a variety of acorn squash, and I think I've never eaten or grown that variety. I haven't grown acorn squash for the last couple of years, simply cutting back on the amount of food I grow with just two of us here. I gave up on those gigantic hubbards years ago! The acorn variety gets very "stringy" after a few months of storage, by the end of December, and it is sometimes quite wet. I prefer the taste and texture of a buttercup, but also grow some butternut. I'm going to check with some of my Master Gardener buddies about the bitter squash.

RiversideLen
              Participant

Just a leftover chicken burger and some frozen peas. And a cinnamon roll.

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Tonight my husband wanted hamburger and tomatoes seasoned to eat on top of mashed potatoes,not me I had a hamburger.

chocomouse
                  Participant

Our dinner tonight was beef stroganoff and salad, and my husband had the last of the candied carrots.

Mike Nolan
                    Keymaster

We had a lavash pizza.

RiversideLen
                      Participant

Tonight will be the last chicken burger and brussels sprouts.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

I had a late lunch on Friday because I decided to bake Butternut Squash, Kale, and Cheddar Savory Tart, a recipe that I developed from an ATK recipe for a galette, when I needed to replace the heavily butter crust with my much lower in saturated fat oil crust. I bake mine in an Emile Henry 8 ½-inch ceramic tart pan after par-baking the crust. I also replace the spinach with kale since spinach hangs onto its calcium. I also replace the luscious gruyere cheese with 2% pre-grated (only low-fat I can find) cheddar. I had three cute little honey nut butternut squash that I bought earlier this fall at the farmers’ market; the total weight of 1.4 lbs. was enough. I will have lunches from it for the next few days.

Joan Simpson
                          Participant

No cooking here tonight we had Mexican from local restaurant.

BakerAunt
                            Participant

I made beef stew for Friday dinner with the last of the potatoes from the farmers’ market and some excellent large carrots from the store. The carrots surprised me, as so many of the large ones are not sweet but these were. I also added chunky mushroom slices and frozen peas.

Mike Nolan
                              Keymaster

I'm starting a big pot of beef stock today. The bones are roasted, the stock will simmer all night. Tomorrow I'll process it and probably make vegetable beef soup on Monday.

Joan Simpson
                                Participant

I took some beef roast and gravy from freezer, made some mashed potatoes, garden peas and deviled eggs.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.