What are you Cooking the Week of March 24, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 24, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I think we're doing steaks for supper tonight. Got a nice thunderstorm overnight and more possible during the day, so they'll be done indoors.

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

Pizza on a flour tortilla with mushrooms, cheese, black olives and pepperoni.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had beef stew for dinner. We got 20" of snow yesterday and overnight - our only real snowstorm this winter - Mother Nature making up for lost opportunities.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

Our resident fox has been showing up a lot lately, this afternoon he/she was rooting through the leaves at the back of the yard, probably hoping to scare up a mouse or vole.

Then the fox was staring up at the porch at the squirrels (we see the fox eating/drinking there overnight on our critter cam), and one of them was chittering back at the fox. Later I saw a squirrel run up onto the back porch and jump up on the brick ledge, with the fox sticking his head up the stairs trying to figure out where the squirrel went. Then I saw another squirrel climb up the wood fence at the back of the yard in a hurry, with the fox not far behind. I would not be surprised if the fox has caught a squirrel or two over time.

Whether there are kits nearby is something I don't know, I the the fox den is in our back fence neighbor's yard. (I know they leave food scraps out for the foxes, too.)

cwcdesign
            Participant

I tried another recipe from the Washington Post today - it was the Creamy chicken with whole wheat biscuits. The biscuits were drop biscuits and they came out OK. I probably wouldn't make them again. The chicken itself was good - sort of like chicken pot pie. I could have cooked down the sauce a little more. It was a quick and easy meal and I will make it again.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Salad and a baked potato.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

If the buns I'm making come out OK, we'll have barbecue beef on them, the beef being what I pulled off the beef shanks used in the beef stock I made a few days ago.

So far they're looking good, I think the general technique just takes a bit of practice.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made pea soup for dinner on Monday, using the last packet of ham pieces from the freezer. Of course, our chilly weather has given wat to highs in the low 60s today. We were hoping for some rain.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Our dinner was boneless pork chops, buttercup squash from the freezer, roasted veggies - potatoes, carrots, onions, red and green bell peppers, and a green salad from the sun room.

navlys
                      Participant

Cleaning out the freezer with beef strips, mushroom ravioli (Rana) and gravy.Not too bad!

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We had leftover pizza and coleslaw for dinner.

Navlys--When you are cleaning out the freezer, do you sometimes feel like a contestant on Chopped?

chocomouse
                          Participant

We cleaned out the fridge for dinner! Except, I think I put back more than we took out. . .

Mike Nolan
                            Keymaster

We had tuna salad on a bed of lettuce. I chopped up a small hothouse tomato as well, not really all that tasty but colorful and at least a hint of tomato flavor.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I had a chef salad with rotisserie chicken.

RiversideLen
                                Participant

I made roasted pork tenderloin and fried potato in a little duck fat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.