What are you Cooking the Week of March 24, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of March 24, 2024?

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

We had the last of the onion soup (other than what I froze) for lunch, so I just had a small salad for dinner.

BakerAunt
      Participant

I made Salmon and Couscous with Greek Seasoning for dinner on Saturday, which we had with broccoli.

chocomouse
        Participant

We had an orange chicken stir fry for dinner.

Italiancook
          Participant

Len, you reminded me that I have a good recipe for salmon loaf. Thanks! I haven't had that since way before the pandemic. I'll make it this week. I don't know why it's been so long since I made it. In fact, it may have been a whole decade since I made it. The last time I had a painter working in the house. I made two salmon loaves while he worked. One for him to take home for he and his wife to bake that night. One for here.

RiversideLen
            Participant

Italiancook, I'm glad I jogged your memory. My loaf consisted of one can of salmon, I removed as much of the skin and bones as I could, some finely chopped onion, celery and red bell pepper, an egg and some bread crumbs. I was actually going to make salmon patties but after I mixed it, I didn't think it would hold together good enough so I made it a loaf.

Italiancook
              Participant

RiversideLen, I also remove the skin, but I don't remove the bones. I crush the bones with my fingers. I do this because that's what my mom did when she made salmon patties. I just Googled to find out if there's any nutritional value to crushing the bones. Apparently they're a good source of calcium.

I checked my recipe for salmon loaf. I thought of it as salmon loaf, because I bake it in a loaf pan. Recipe calls it salmon casserole and calls for a 1-quart dish.

In addition to the 1-lb. can of salmon, it calls for celery leaves, parsley, onion, dry mustard and Tabasco, bread (I think it's soaked in milk, but don't recall for certain), and 3/4 cup milk. If I had a red pepper (or any color pepper), I'd add that this week. Sounds good.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.