What are you Cooking the Week of January 21, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 21, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

I've got a big bowl of chicken leg and thigh meat from my stock making, so I'm thinking of what to do with it. Chicken salad or a chicken pot pie both come to mind.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

I have a Dutch oven full of corn chowder on the stove.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

Leftover venison chili and a hot dog.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

My wife noted that the chicken salad recipe is best with white meat, so I did a 9 1/2" chicken pot pie, but I've still got a good sized bowl of chicken to do something else with.

BakerAunt
            Participant

We had leftover roast chicken, leftover roast honey nut squash, and microwaved frozen peas.

I made yogurt today.

RiversideLen
              Participant

I'm going to have some pork meatballs that I made yesterday, red cabbage and roasted potatoes.

Italiancook
                Participant

chocomouse, I made corn chowder for the freezer Friday. I saw a recipe that added broken chicken ramen noodles to corn chowder. I tried that, and we really liked having the ramen in it. The recipe said to use the full seasoning packet, but that's way too much salt for my taste. I added just a little of it.

chocomouse
                  Participant

That sound interesting, Italiancook, I might try that also. I put cubed potatoes in the chowder, and with the corn, I already have a lot of carbs in it. I agree there's too much salt in the seasoning packets.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I bought a rotisserie chicken and made chicken salad. I use the chicken, mayonnaise, celery chopped fine and honey about 1/4 cup with salt and pepper. It's so good with a touch of sweetness. I had chicken salad with a green salad on the side.

BakerAunt
                      Participant

Rotisserie chicken is the meal that keeps on giving, Joan!

With temperatures still below or at freezing, it was a good day for kitchen projects. I made broth from the bones of last week's chicken, along with bones from a chicken breast that were in the freezer. I also roasted two of my four remaining pie pumpkins and processed them. Most of the pumpkin puree went into the freezer. For dinner, I made Crispy Oven Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar Sauce. We had microwaved fresh broccoli as well.

I will add that for lunch, I made lentils with carrots, celery, onion, leftover chicken broth, and some leftover rice from the freezer. I have enough for a couple more days, and it nicely used up that leftover broth and rice.

Mike Nolan
                        Keymaster

It actually got above freezing here today for the first time in what seems like two weeks.

We had tacos for supper.

Italiancook
                          Participant

chocomouse, I also put potatoes in my corn chowder. I agree with you about the carbs. That's why I froze most of it. If we eat a bowlful of the chowder occasionally, the carbs don't add up, or so I tell myself. Plus, I add 2 ribs of celery to the chowder. With a healthful veg in the pot, some of the carbs are canceled out, or so I tell myself.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

On Saturday I made a small batch of pizza dough, enough for 2 pizzas. Tonight I had the second one, with pork meatballs and green peppers. It was pretty good.

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I had more of the venison chili and a hot dog.

chocomouse
                                Participant

Our dinner was taco salads.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.