What are you Cooking the Week of January 21, 2024?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of January 21, 2024?

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    chocomouse
    Participant

I've made potato salad, three-bean salad, and cowboy salad to go with a ham steak for dinner tonight. We've had three days in a row of sleet and freezing rain and snow. We used to get just snow storms, icing was rare. Mother Nature is on steroids!

Joan Simpson
      Participant

I had a Chef salad .

BakerAunt
        Participant

For dinner on Friday, I made my turkey-zucchini loaf with Dijon-peach glaze. We had broccoli as the vegetable. I wanted to do a quick side and pulled out an unopened bag of Teff. When I bought it, I think that I confused it with another ancient grain that Bob's Red Mill used to sell and discontinued. Teff is tiny, and when cooked, it looks like dark brown wet sand. It may be nutritious, but it is unappealing to the eye, and it has a slight citrusy taste to it. Apparently, it is often used as a breakfast porridge. The chicken broth in which I cooked it did not impart much by way of taste, at least not to my husband or to me, but the dog loved eating the tidbits that my husband fed her. I will need to read up on Teff, so that I can figure out how to use what is left over tonight, as well as the rest of the bag.

As for weather, we have been having rain and lots of fog. Temperatures are mostly in the upper 30s.

Mike Nolan
          Keymaster

We had the Swiss steak with mashed potatoes.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

I had a hamburger with sliced tomatoes.

BakerAunt
              Participant

To go with the leftover turkey-zucchini loaf on Saturday, I did what I should have done yesterday: I made a bulgur stir-fry with carrots, celery, red bell pepper, and zucchini. We are feeding bits of the Teff I cooked last night to the dog, who thinks it is great.

I also made yogurt today.

chocomouse
                Participant

Leftover corn chowder and rolls here.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.