What are you Baking the Week of April 28, 2024?

Home Forums Baking — Breads and Rolls What are you Baking the Week of April 28, 2024?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

No baking plans yet.

Spread the word
      chocomouse
      Participant

Today I made ham-cheese-chive scones. I refrigerated them for about 3 hours before baking them at 400*.

Joan Simpson
        Participant

I forgot to post Saturday I made a cheesecake from Sugar Spun Run and it's good, but I think too much butter in the crust.It leaked out I think I could have used half the butter .

RiversideLen
          Participant

I made my usual burger/sandwich buns but I divided the dough in half and made 4 buns and a dozen dinner rolls. I used 33 grams of dough for each dinner roll. I baked them in a cupcake pan. While I baked the buns at 375 degrees for 14 minutes, I baked the dinner rolls at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. I temped them at 10 minutes and they were perfect (205 degrees which is what my buns come out as).

rolls2

Attachments:
            You must be logged in to view attached files.
            Joan Simpson
            Participant

Buns look nice Len. I baked a coconut pie for my yardman.

BakerAunt
              Participant

I baked Rye Barley Crispbread on Monday afternoon.

chocomouse
                Participant

I made molasses cookies today.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I was going to bake muffins this morning for breakfast, but I awoke later than planned, so before dinner on Wednesday, I baked my adaptation of Butternut Squash Muffins with Crumb topping, from Ken Haedrich's The Harvest Baker. We each had one for dessert after dinner.

Joan Simpson
                    Participant

I made a lemon meringue pie to take to our card game tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Lemon pie I did it! Finally got a photo, thanks to Mike and Len.I didn't make the graham cracker crust , we'll see how it tastes tonight.

IMG_0515

Attachments:
                        You must be logged in to view attached files.
                        BakerAunt
                        Participant

That is a wonderful looking pie, Joan! Congratulation on posting a picture! You are ahead of me on that. I am still trying to get the pictures off the phone and onto my computer. I have a Samsung Galaxy, which seems to have a different set-up from the I-Phone.

We were out of cookies to eat with tea. My husband chose Soft Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, so I baked a double recipe on Friday morning.

In the afternoon, I used the last two blood oranges to bake Blood Orange Barley Cake in my 6-cup Bundt pan. I will glaze it tomorrow, and we will begin slicing it for dessert.

Mike Nolan
                          Keymaster

Since I was able to raise the file size to 5MB, you should be able to upload them directly from a cell phone these days, though I will admit to not having tried that, since I'm more of a laptop person for computing.

RiversideLen
                            Participant

That pie looks great, Joan, I'm sure it's delicious!

Joan Simpson
                              Participant

I uploaded it straight from my iphone and the pie was great.My Mama would be proud of that pie as that was her specialty.

Mike Nolan
                                Keymaster

Here's a tip not everyone may know, use the 'insert into text' link to get a bigger picture showing in your posts. (I added it to Joan's post.)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.