What are you Cooking the Week of February 27, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 27, 2022?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Mike Nolan
    Keymaster

Probably a leftovers night here today, at least for me. (My wife isn't a big fan of leftovers.)

Spread the word
      Joan Simpson
      Participant

I will be making Taco Salad tonight.

BakerAunt
        Participant

For Sunday dinner, I made black-eyed peas with brown rice, yellow bell pepper, ham, rehydrated dried onion, some kale, parsley, and black pepper. The bread I baked yesterday, thinly sliced with a bit of butter (ok, Land of Lakes Light Butter Canola spread) goes with it very well.

We have enough for several more meals, so I can alternate it with the roast chicken.

chocomouse
          Participant

I roasted a pork loin with potatoes, carrots, onions, and apples. There is plenty for another meal or two.

Mike Nolan
            Keymaster

I'm making pot roast tonight. It just came out and is resting/cooling, it smells great!

cwcdesign
              Participant

I made a recipe for a French lentil salad from Barefoot Contessa. She used kielbasa which she just sliced without warming up to the warm lentils. I used Portuguese chorizo the I sliced and warmed in a pan. We really enjoyed it. Her accompaniment was toasted baguette with herb goat cheese. Ours was toasted sourdough with Brie (it was on sale)

Joan Simpson
                Participant

Cwcdesign your French lentil salad sounds so good.

We had fried pork chops,I cooked dry lima beans ,rice and tomato gravy.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

To go with microwaved fresh broccoli and leftover chicken for Monday dinner, I roasted some cubed potatoes that I had tossed in olive oil and Penzey's Mural of Flavor seasoning. Roasting at 400F for 45 minutes was just right.

chocomouse
                    Participant

Last night we had soups for supper. I had mushroom, out of the freezer, and I made fresh clam chowder for my husband. With it, we had cheesey gougeres, from the freezer.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Today was my 67th Birthday so we went to breakfast this morning and I made hamburger vegetable soup and grilled bologna and cheese sandwiches for supper.Still have some lemon cake and raisin bread so no baking a cake today. I had a great day.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

Happy Birthday, Joan!

chocomouse
                          Participant

Happy Birthday Joan! Glad you had a great day -- you can make a cake when you run out of other baked goodies!

chocomouse
                            Participant

I didn't have to do much cooking again today! We had lasagna from the freezer; I had made it about a month ago. And we had a green salad mostly from the sunroom, with the addition of onions, sweet red peppers, carrots, and tomatoes.

skeptic7
                              Participant

Joan, Happy Birthday

I have a favorite pumpkin, chickpea and curry soup which I made last week with half a Medium size squash. I think it was a squash, it might have been a small pumpkin. Anyway half of it made about 3 cups of 1 inch cubed pumpkin for the soup. This left me half a pumpkin to spare. I decided I wasnted another pumpkin soup but with a different flavor theme. I decided to go with a Mexican style. I made soup with a can of tomatoes with chile, cumin, onions, 2 cans of black beans and the pumpkin. It came out with a decided chili flavor.

I also made a fast focaccio bread to go with this. I used White Lily Flour and its very odd using all white flour when I mainly stick with whole wheat. Also I had to bake the bread until it was brown on top whereas I don't worry about color with whole wheat.

Italiancook
                                Participant

Late lunch was carryout, leaving no room for dinner. Instead, I cooked 2 cube steaks to refrigerate. They'll be warmed up for lunch tomorrow with roasted brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. I took a page from BakerAunt's book and saved the cube steak drippings to make gravy tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.