What are you Cooking the Week of February 27, 2022?

Home Forums Cooking — (other than baking) What are you Cooking the Week of February 27, 2022?

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    cwcdesign
    Participant

Happy Birthday Joan! I hope you got to do something fun.

Joan Simpson
      Participant

Thank you all for the Birthday wishes,we did nothing special just enjoyed my day all day!

Tonight we had meatloaf, macaroni and cheese and garden pea salad.

BakerAunt
        Participant

I made yogurt on Wednesday.

RiversideLen
          Participant

I'm a couple of days late but Happy Birthday Joan! Glad you had a great day.

On Tuesday I made a couple of pork chops in Mole sauce (from a jar). Had brown rice and broccoli with it. I have a leftover chop for tonight. Haven't decided on the sides yet. Yesterday I made fettuccini with broccoli and shrimp, seasoned with sesame seed oil and soy sauce.

Joan Simpson
            Participant

Thanks for the birthday wishes Len.

Tonight we had enchiladas with a lettuce and tomato salad with mayonnaise.

Joan Simpson
              Participant

Tonight was leftover vegetable soup with grilled cheese and bologna sandwich.

Mike Nolan
                Keymaster

We had takeout chicken.

BakerAunt
                  Participant

I made coleslaw on Friday afternoon to go with the Oven Baked Fish and Chips with Dill Tartar sauce that we like so much. However, I used Alaskan cod rather than Pacific cod this time, and the Alaskan cod was not as tender as the Pacific cod. I do not know if the difference is the brand or the fishing location, or if this was just an odd package. I bought this brand because it is sustainably fished in Alaska, so it was disappointing.

RiversideLen
                    Participant

I have some large shells (pasta) that have been taking up space since before the pandemic so I thought I would make stuffed shells. I used Ricotta with a little mozzarella and seasoned it with a little oregano and garlic and a generous amount of dried parsley. I made a simple sauce from a can of tomatoes. It turned out good, I have leftovers for tonight.

Joan Simpson
                      Participant

Tonight I marinated a boneless chicken breast in Italian dressing then chargrilled it,made a box of augratin potatoes and used leftover garden peas that I added 2 cooked sliced carrots to and it was all good and gone.

BakerAunt
                        Participant

We only had enough leftover black-eyed peas with brown rice and ham for one person, so my husband had it for dinner. For me, I made my version of the Spaghetti Squash and Parmesan Cheese Quiche from Ken Haedrich's The Harvest Baker. The recipe is a three-hour process that requires roasting the spaghetti squash, making and partly blind baking the oil crust, making the filling, then baking the quiche. My husband is not a quiche fan, so I will be having it for lunch this next week. I decided to try baking it in a 10 1/2- inch quiche dish, and it worked perfectly. I am ready to type up my version--much lower in saturated fat than Ken's--and put it in my binder.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.